Login Search

Bettahs Hockey Picks

Last Post

Almost 7200 !!!! From 3$. Was Crazy night.

Tonight was first negative night overall in a good bit for me. Thank god for that last blackhawk goal.

Looking at tomorrow now.

Okay so I'm leaning
Bruins... Red wings just dont have enough to keep up. Got lucky bruins didn't score at least 1 in the first game. As long as bruins can score 2 they should win. I'll take that.

Sharks..crazy to think they would go up 3-0 on the kings but they are playing as the best team in NHL right now. They should be favored and its +110. Coin flip but mine says sharks.

flyers/rangers... do you think The King will be on his A game or not? thats what it comes down too.
Last edited by shaggydog88; 04-22-14 at 02:53 AM.

I knew it about Dallas and Minnesota! Only laid down a little. And those Penguins geez! What a scare.

2-2-0 I guess

Total
13-7-0

I really do like Philadelphia but I dont know how much I like them.
San Jose... Will they really win 3 in a row to make it 3-0? +1.5 looks good instead.
Bostons paying good money, will be taking them.
Is Montreal going to sweep?

I was 50/50 on MTL last night but I'll tail that now.

Bruins ML.. I might crush this right before game time.

Then throw these in some parlays
MTL ML
Sharks ML (parlay) and 1.5
Flyers ML

I've had Tanaka every game so far but I think I'm passing tonight. Lester has looked just as good for Boston and yanks lineup is lefty heavy. Anything can happen but good luck! Hope yanks win
Last edited by shaggydog88; 04-22-14 at 06:14 PM.

Montreal's gotten too many calls from the refs, feel bad for Tampa, as a Canucks fan I can relate to bias and horrible officiating.

Win for us, but sucks for Tampa, but they really had no chance on moving on.

Good thing I didnt feel confident in Philadelphia! Dodged that. And this is the last time I ever take your favourites the Giants:P what is that 3 in a row?

I feel bad. Giants were my first cash cow ever . as in last season. Defiantly bias with them.

Sharks MTL and bruins crushed it for me. Biggest night of 2014 I think.
Hey I did well with the reds rays royals marlins! Dodgers pending .
I took a pick out before games started ( angels). then freakjn giants again. 4 in a row for me. 3 for posted. Ugh.

What's your betting style by the way? Usually 1 unit or random on confidence ? Money per team or parlays? I started a certain but weird way mid December and its worked pretty well.
Last edited by shaggydog88; 04-23-14 at 12:33 AM.

Haha the Giants are dead to me!

I used to have a pretty routine betting style, varying from half to one unit on the ML for hockey, and about quarter to half unit on the 3 way ML for games I thought had a really good chance of winning. Otherwise just the ML on that game. Used to also usually throw in a jumbo parlay with all my NHL or all my AHL picks together, and one or two smaller parlays. Hit a 35X parlay I believe one night. Something close to that, But I dont risk much on those.

As far as playoffs... Whole different game, I just bet based on confidence. But its tough like last night, I knew Dallas and Minnesota had to squeak out at least one. Plus the teams being so evenly matched, I personally find it harder to lay as much down. I guess that also is due to having so much of my bank locked up already in Futures bets, so I dont have all the money I had in the regular season to play with.

Today with baseball however I took a handful of the teams you suggested along with Yankees and threw them in 3 different parlays, all 3 flopped haha, oh well just under 2 units spread across the 3.

But a good day thanks to the big 3, Boston, Montreal, San Jose!

Quote Originally Posted by Bettahs View Post
Alright

Took
Boston ML
San Jose +1.5
Montreal ML

and some small plays to the side
including Philadelphia, SJ & Yankees Tanaka!
Quote Originally Posted by Bettahs View Post
Montreal TT Over 2.5
Night
4-0-0

NHL Playoffs Total
17-7-0

Really hope they offer to win the series for AHL, thats what I'd like to bet on. AHL Playoffs start tomorrow. Little scary though, teams eliminated have sent down AHL eligible players... And I have no idea who and where they are. Not to mention teams finished so close together in the standings! Just one extra player could help a team win over another.
Last edited by Bettahs; 04-23-14 at 03:13 AM.