Login Search

Wallco NHL GOLD (+453 units in 6 years)

Last Post

Okay I am trying not to flood this thread with questions etc but this is pretty relevant. Have you guys started out making too big of bets for your bankroll and found yourself going down? Like I'll be honest I have $1500 and im doing $50 bets, about to have $258.75 at stake which is probably too much. The thing is though I am willing to take some risk in order to make more money but I think I need to lower my bet to $20 or $30. Have you guys found a personal % amount of bankroll that seems solid to handle a loss or 2 consecutive losses in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by dalogester View Post
Okay I am trying not to flood this thread with questions etc but this is pretty relevant. Have you guys started out making too big of bets for your bankroll and found yourself going down? Like I'll be honest I have $1500 and im doing $50 bets, about to have $258.75 at stake which is probably too much. The thing is though I am willing to take some risk in order to make more money but I think I need to lower my bet to $20 or $30. Have you guys found a personal % amount of bankroll that seems solid to handle a loss or 2 consecutive losses in a row?
I was playing a unit as 1% of my BR and it was scary on several days when multiple PL plays were in b or c bets, but I never had more than 50% of the BR in play even doing 3 different chases and I would be up a total of about 60% of the BR if I hadn't had an, uh... incident ... last night. If that 1500 is your real BR, you probably can't afford to play this chase with $50 units. All of the plays in here have cleared, but if, for example, this Mont play doesn't clear tonight, depending on how the lines break for the Cbet, you're going to have ~600 to 1000 in play on the Cbet.

EDIT: if you want to use $50 plays, that's the risk, or you should find a chase that has the plays that stick to the roughly -110 lines, like stif's NBA chase. I don't know if something like that exists for hockey, though. Wallco even noted at the start of this season that people should be playing with .5u plays, given how ridic 3xPL plays can become. Taking that into consideration, you should be doing like $7.5.
Last edited by noveggies; 02-19-13 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dalogester View Post
You're BR will probably be gone in 1-2 wks depending on amount of plays. 1% is safer, especially with the swings of this particular system. You need to develop patience and BR management if you thought you could use 50- units with a 1500 BR.

Quote Originally Posted by TankHankerous View Post
Can you please show work? I'm having trouble with this concept.
Tank, what I did to get to this is $50 using -245 odds so $50 X 2.45 = $122.50. So the $122.50 is what you would risk to win $50.
If you lost this, which I did you would then take $122.50 you lost, plus the $50 you were trying to profit which equals $172.50
This would then be the (B) bet at $172.50 X the odds of the next bet.
The next bet odds are -150 so you would take $172.50 X 1.50 which would equal $258.75 and the total (B) bet.

I feel like the odds on that SJ/STL game really moved to make that PL ridiculous as a huge overreaction to STL's plane troubles. It's not like they were stuck in some 3rd world country eating coackroaches and old banana peels for 3 weeks before this game. They were in Canada for a day. Hell, not being able to stuff their faces with provel cheese at dinner last night probably favors STL.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
0.5% is what I use on this system until I am comfortable betting 65 units in one night
This. I started with .5% unit sizes until I have some house money to play with, especially with the shortened season, this system is unpredictable for this year(but doing well so far).