Login Search

jeff sagarin ratings question

Last Post

the guy is an MIT math guy so I respect his methods. I coded a little routine that goes out and grabs his ratings and then gets the lines from pinnacle. I outputted the results to a little web page. it shows the matchups, then the pinny line, the Sagarin rating with the 3.98 hometeam edge added in, the final column shows the visitor with the line added (or subtracted if they are the dog) and then next to the home team is a number showing the sagarin adjusted for home team subtracted from the sagarin adjusted by the line for the away team. I guess if you are interested in the results you can PM me and I will send you the link

well he went 10-9 on Thur nite. i picked three big ones (davidson, pitt, mont) and they went 0-3. on the USA site he tries to explain about connected and unconnected data. apparently he is saying that after they get on into the season that this year's data will predict the ratings. so i guess that means these goofy preseason matchups have to taken with a barrel of salt.