Login Search

I gave up trying to beat the juice, but hedging opportunities are everywhere

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Andy View Post
Do you mean betting Clippers to advance +115 and then all 4 of the Mavericks to win correct score outcomes?

Looks like total implied probability adds up to 98.17% so there is a slight edge there.
Spot on. That's a 6.2% ROI in about 10 days with no risk. I bet the +400at a different book that had +425 so even a little higher ROI

Example here

Clippers +115 @51 to win 69 return 120
Mavs in 4 10 to win 110 return 120
Mavs in 5 12 to win 108 return 120
Mavs in 6 24 to win 96 return 120
Mavs in 7 16 to win 104 return 120

Spent 113 return 120 plus 7 on 113 over 6%

I bet a lot a lot more than those numbers since there is no risk.

I have been finding small hedges about every day. One book maybe -105 opposite side +110 another book. That's 1.2% ROI.

At a 1.2% daily ROI and a beginning bankroll of $5,000 after a year bankroll would be over $320,000. And no risk. That is correct math too. Of course, after the bankroll grows you can't get it all in but still there is a lot of opportunity cost here to be betting -110 every day. I can't win 53% long term and even if I could that won't grow $5,000 into $320,000 in a year. That's for sure.

This is really something for people to consider. If they are tired of the BS bad beats like Tyler herro makes a 3 at the buzzer lol. What a tough beat that would be. If you have 3 or 4 outs, hedges can be found pretty consistently

Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan View Post
https://i.postimg.cc/y8wswH6J/IMG-20...-105615526.jpg

And another beautiful guaranteed 14% gain. Arbitrage/Hedging is so much better than betting and losing that vig.
Good strat but couple of problems. You alsays have to move money from site to site.

You could bet side A side b changes before u can bet

3. On the site that is offering the soft line they will limit you if you are hitting them too often.

moving the money is the biggest obatacle. Arbing used to be 100 times better with neteller or e wallets with no fees

Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan View Post
Spot on. That's a 6.2% ROI in about 10 days with no risk. I bet the +400at a different book that had +425 so even a little higher ROI

Example here

Clippers +115 @51 to win 69 return 120
Mavs in 4 10 to win 110 return 120
Mavs in 5 12 to win 108 return 120
Mavs in 6 24 to win 96 return 120
Mavs in 7 16 to win 104 return 120

Spent 113 return 120 plus 7 on 113 over 6%

I bet a lot a lot more than those numbers since there is no risk.

I have been finding small hedges about every day. One book maybe -105 opposite side +110 another book. That's 1.2% ROI.

At a 1.2% daily ROI and a beginning bankroll of $5,000 after a year bankroll would be over $320,000. And no risk. That is correct math too. Of course, after the bankroll grows you can't get it all in but still there is a lot of opportunity cost here to be betting -110 every day. I can't win 53% long term and even if I could that won't grow $5,000 into $320,000 in a year. That's for sure.

This is really something for people to consider. If they are tired of the BS bad beats like Tyler herro makes a 3 at the buzzer lol. What a tough beat that would be. If you have 3 or 4 outs, hedges can be found pretty consistently
In the modern-game, I normally didn't find many natural hedges. You might be a better shopper than me.

The big advantage of having 3 or 4 outs is that you can turn a game of 11/10 into a game of 10.5/10 or so. You want to constantly be eroding the juice that you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
Good strat but couple of problems. You alsays have to move money from site to site.

You could bet side A side b changes before u can bet

3. On the site that is offering the soft line they will limit you if you are hitting them too often.

moving the money is the biggest obatacle. Arbing used to be 100 times better with neteller or e wallets with no fees
I'm betting through the kiosk. Didn't even use my players card. Making $250 bet which is the limit over and over and over. These lines all found at the same book on the same screen from inserted image. I could have gotten slightly better odds of I used a different book as well but for all the reasons you mentioned it's not worth it.

I'm not going to complain about a 12% guaranteed gain in a few days and I hit it real hard. Lines were still the same when I left

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
Dodger, if you're making $$ on this, salud. Nice job.

Don't ever give someone (The House) for being sharp beyond reproach. Information travels quickly nowadays.

If you've identified an edge, it probably won't last forever. But Good Luck on your plays.
I honestly don't think they care. For every 1 person that hits it, there are going to be 5,000 gamblers who say, they won't tie their money up for days to just get 12%.
After all they can go all in on their best bet today and get a 90.9% return in 1 day lol.
And most people can look at that image I inserted and not even see the guaranteed 12% hedge. So it's not like the book is going to get hurt much.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
In the modern-game, I normally didn't find many natural hedges. You might be a better shopper than me.

The big advantage of having 3 or 4 outs is that you can turn a game of 11/10 into a game of 10.5/10 or so. You want to constantly be eroding the juice that you pay.
If you have 3 or 4 outs you can find hedges pretty much every single day. Generally not close to this 12% I posted but even 1% a day is amazing.