Login Search

What's preferred? Yield or ROI

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by hutennis View Post
yeah.
Please, check your sources.

SB volume is huge.
Any half way decent tennis or soccer match on an exchenge will swallow 100k before you even have a time say "holy shit! What just happened to me?"

It is easy to make 15% return but Market is too small for your cool mil?
What are you talking about?
you guys are living in some kind of low information bubble or something.
Or you just a bunch of naive kids.

Anyway, anyone who uses words "15% return" and "easy" in one sentence
has a very little clue on how the world works. That's for sure.
WTF? Don't know that some bookies will limit you? When your bankroll grow up you can't continue using the same bookies, just can use betfair, asian and some american bookies. You have to leave some markets and the rest of bookies. That's what ttango9001 was saying.

And I insist, 15% return is not "easy" in big markets, but neither is from another world as you think. Some tipsters even have more than this. Take a look at Benny1887 on blogabet, he only bet on asian bookies wich have huge limits per bet. He have a 10% return, and there are even with 30%, is just an example.
Last edited by Raizen; 12-11-12 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
that benny guy only has 500 picks and the site says that about 8% of his quoted odds aren't verified, so if he's sneaking in a few fake lines that could greatly change things. on a site like that with thousands and thousands of posters, someone will get lucky over 500 picks by sheer luck.
that's what I was saying

yeah.
Please, check your sources.

SB volume is huge.
Any half way decent tennis or soccer match on an exchenge will swallow 100k before you even have a time say "holy shit! What just happened to me?"

It is easy to make 15% return but Market is too small for your cool mil?
What are you talking about?
you guys are living in some kind of low information bubble or something.
Or you just a bunch of naive kids.

Anyway, anyone who uses words "15% return" and "easy" in one sentence
has a very little clue on how the world works. That's for sure.

Taking words out of context, doesn't help proving your point. But then again, what do I know, obviously your knowledge on how the world works far exceeds mine, so I will just take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
that benny guy only has 500 picks and the site says that about 8% of his quoted odds aren't verified, so if he's sneaking in a few fake lines that could greatly change things. on a site like that with thousands and thousands of posters, someone will get lucky over 500 picks by sheer luck.
Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
that's what I was saying
Ok I definitly leave this. I'm tired of discussing a strategy that isn't nothing speciall like here we all were noobs and now were discovered what is follow tipsters. I'm tired of questions so newb that seems you're trolling. I absolutly don't care if you belive it or not, the best for everybody is that each one do the best they can and leave.

Regards and good luck.

15% return a year will double you roll in 5 years, meaning that 500k investment will provide you 100k annual income for life and your size is never larger than 1 mil.
And it is easy. Really?

What planet are you from?
or rather, how old are you?
A 15% return on a 500k fund means a profit of 75k, not 100. At least, that's how it is in the planet i am from.

Quote Originally Posted by ttango9001 View Post
A 15% return on a 500k fund means a profit of 75k, not 100. At least, that's how it is in the planet i am from.
500k at 15%/year will turn into just over a 1mil. in 5 years.
Then you take out 500k out to live on it for the next 5 years (100k per year) till your remaining 500k will grow to a million again. Then you will rinse and repeat for the rest of your life.

That's what 15% yearly return will do for you on a easy to manage 500k.

And it is easy to do too.
Actually, you don't have to do much at all, as I understand it.
Some great guy, good samaritan tipster will do it for you.

What a great planet you are living at!

P.S.
I would strongly suggest for you guys to familiarize yourself with what
in psychology known as DunningKruger effect

It states:
"The least competent you are the least you are aware of it"

Charles Darwin said it best though:
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
Raizen if you are making money with tipsters good for you, but I still think it's more randomness.

Most believe that anyone with the ability to make consistent money from sports betting is not going to become a tipster. Why would he?

Suppose somebody is an expert in a certain sport or league and has a long term yield of 5-6% in highly liquid mature markets, with an average number of around 200 picks yearly. With such a low turnover, and assuming he is flat betting 1% of his bankroll in each bet he would have a return on capital of around 13% yearly. Now, if his bankroll is not big enough, this interest rate although impressive by most standards, is simply not enough to cover living expenses. In this case, generating an extra source of income by selling his picks is a very sensible strategy. Considering that we are talking about highly liquid markets where his clients money are not likely to have any real impact on his profits (afterall he can still bet his picks before he sends them out), this would also make sense even if he had a much bigger bankroll. In effect, it's very similar to managing other people's money and charging a comission for the service.

Of course, 99.9% of all the "tipster" sites out there are complete garbage, but this doesn't mean that there are no legitimate services that perform consistently good over the years.

500k at 15%/year will turn into just over a 1mil. in 5 years.
Then you take out 500k out to live on it for the next 5 years (100k per year) till your remaining 500k will grow to a million again. Then you will rinse and repeat for the rest of your life.

That's what 15% yearly return will do for you on a easy to manage 500k.

And it is easy to do too.
Actually, you don't have to do much at all, as I understand it.
Some great guy, good samaritan tipster will do it for you.

What a great planet you are living at!

P.S.
I would strongly suggest for you guys to familiarize yourself with what
in psychology known as DunningKruger effect

It states:
"The least competent you are the least you are aware of it"

Charles Darwin said it best though:
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Thanks again for pointing that out. Turns out that after all these years betting, i was just lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by ttango9001 View Post
Suppose somebody is an expert in a certain sport or league and has a long term yield of 5-6% in highly liquid mature markets, with an average number of around 200 picks yearly. With such a low turnover, and assuming he is flat betting 1% of his bankroll in each bet he would have a return on capital of around 13% yearly. Now, if his bankroll is not big enough, this interest rate although impressive by most standards, is simply not enough to cover living expenses. In this case, generating an extra source of income by selling his picks is a very sensible strategy. Considering that we are talking about highly liquid markets where his clients money are not likely to have any real impact on his profits (afterall he can still bet his picks before he sends them out), this would also make sense even if he had a much bigger bankroll. In effect, it's very similar to managing other people's money and charging a comission for the service.

Of course, 99.9% of all the "tipster" sites out there are complete garbage, but this doesn't mean that there are no legitimate services that perform consistently good over the years.
If he is that good and his record can withstand serious scientific scrutiny, he would not have any problem finding very wealthy backers.
This is much easier and much more profitable than chasing few bucks a pop subscribers on an internet.
And that's how it's done in a real world.

But if his record simply can not be taking seriously by smart money, b/c smart money do know better, then fooling ignorant but arrogant and overconfident fish swimming around pick's sites is his only choice.

Nothing new about that. Just another con.