Login Search

The 2020 Major League Baseball Player Chatter, News and Fantasy Thread.

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by deadphish View Post
TY 4 being so thorough
Just me billing silly and jacked up on caffeine.
Amazing what you can get done with the right amount of coffee in your system.

Never mind me I was just having fun with myself too,

It's really a 'my bad' thing.
When I initially read your post it looked like you were asking where is Mickey Mantle now?
Like I said it was a 'my bad' which is pretty surprising as I pride myself on my reading comprehension skills.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
I hate that the NL is considering going to the DH because I'm old school but I think they're going to do it and it will be the source of much debate between fans who either love it or hate it like me.
DH needs to go away...

2020 salary terms are set to be hammered out in the coming days. But what about what’s owed to players beyond that point? The near-term economic picture remains questionable at best. That’ll make teams all the more cautious with guaranteed future salaries.
Every organization has some amount of future cash committed to players, all of it done before the coronavirus pandemic swept the globe. There are several different ways to look at salaries; for instance, for purposes of calculating the luxury tax, the average annual value is the touchstone, with up-front bonuses spread over the life of the deal. For this exercise, we’ll focus on actual cash outlays that still have yet to be paid.
We’ll run through every team, with a big assist from the Cot’s Baseball Contracts database. Next up is the Astros:
(click to expand/view detail list)
Astros Total Future Cash Obligation: $254.79MM
*includes buyouts of club options
*excludes remaining obligation to Zack Greinke retained by Diamondbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
Korea Baseball not bad
The hitting is good but the bullpens are absolute dumpster fires. No other way to explain nine run innings in the Ninth inning like we saw from the Dinos the other day. Like they say the game doesn't start until the 7th inning when the teams are forced to call upon their bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
The hitting is good but the bullpens are absolute dumpster fires. No other way to explain nine run innings in the Ninth inning like we saw from the Dinos the other day. Like they say the game doesn't start until the 7th inning when the teams are forced to call upon their bullpen.

haven't checked it out yet

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
Just me billing silly and jacked up on caffeine.
Amazing what you can get done with the right amount of coffee in your system.

Never mind me I was just having fun with myself too,

It's really a 'my bad' thing.
When I initially read your post it looked like you were asking where is Mickey Mantle now?
Like I said it was a 'my bad' which is pretty surprising as I pride myself on my reading comprehension skills.
ALL good bro. just 2 be clear, i was referring to the topic @ hand 4 this thread (MLB 2020)