Login Search

So Russell Wilson Will Now Be the 3rd Highest Paid QB on the Seahawks This Year!

Last Post

Can't they offer him a long-term deal or extension now and get him some guaranteed money. If they can and don't do right by him then if I was him I'd play it out and then say screw you. He won the Super Bowl, pay da man!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
Can't they offer him a long-term deal or extension now and get him some guaranteed money. If they can and don't do right by him then if I was him I'd play it out and then say screw you. He won the Super Bowl, pay da man!
They can't even begin negotiations until after his 3rd year because of the new CBA. Seattle will do all they can next offseason to re-sign him, barring some unforeseen events(s)

Wilson is a good QB not top 8, but he is in that 9-15 range, the reason he doesn't look good is because Seattle asks him to be a game manager and not win the games because of their team he has shown in the NFL and in college he can throw when asked, and they might never need him to considering they will find a way to keep most of their D intact most of the time, cutting Lynch next year will save 5 million and their back-up RB is just as capable of starting so i expect Seattle to be a top 3 NFL team for at least the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
He should be. Not even a top 20 QB
It's hard to distinguish in my opinion how good the kid actually is.

The most important thing I grade him on... he's a team player. A team leader. He just does his job. I don't recall a game in which he ridiculously turned the ball over. Basically if we're talking about the same topic... about a guy worth the money and/or leader... I didn't like Joe Flacco. I didn't think he deserved a heavy pay. I think he just got hot at the right time and winning super bowls is where it's at.

So opinions may vary... it happens. But Wilson knows his role. And that's all you can ask of the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
not sure about top 20 but he definitely isn't a top 15 QB

in no specific order
Rodgers
brady
Eli
Peyton
Brees
Flacco
Romo
Luck
Big Ben
Ryan
Cam
Rivers
Cutler
Stafford
Kapernick

all quarterbacks I rate higher than Wilson, and I didn't even include the best game manager in the league Alex Smith.
agreed

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
not sure about top 20 but he definitely isn't a top 15 QB

in no specific order
Rodgers
brady
Eli
Peyton
Brees
Flacco
Romo
Luck
Big Ben
Ryan
Cam
Rivers
Cutler
Stafford
Kapernick

all quarterbacks I rate higher than Wilson, and I didn't even include the best game manager in the league Alex Smith.
Other than Eli, everyone of these qb's shits on Wilson. Not even close. Even an aging BigBen and a choking Romo.