Login Search

Mets' Bobby Parnell to Have Tommy John Surgery

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
Valverde is probably the best arm on that team other than my boy Mejia, and will be the closer all year.
He will have a good year, he's looked good in the few times I watched him.
Unfortunately for him, he will only get about 30 save opps on this shithole team.
its only been a week yet I am hating the guy already. Everytime he comes in I am on the edge of my seat and it is never easy with him. No lead is safe with him

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
its only been a week yet I am hating the guy already. Everytime he comes in I am on the edge of my seat and it is never easy with him. No lead is safe with him
As a Tiger fan, I can attest to the fact that he has nothing -- absolutely zero -- left in the tank and is pretty much the worst reliever in baseball not named Phil Coke.

My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
Time for Kyle Farnsworth to take over closing duties. He was very solid as a closer with the Rays before his injury a few years back and has had a solid start to the season as well.
I wouldn't trust him either. But if you're comparing him to Papa Grande, then yes.

Of course, if you compared yourself closing to Valverde, I'd say it's a good idea.

Mets expected to make a change at closer

Valverde surrendered three runs Saturday against the Braves in his latest of a string of rough outings. Mets manager Terry Collins said he would address his players before making an official announcement to the media. Vic Black has been putting up zeroes at Triple-A, but his control is still an issue. The Mets might go with a committee.

Source: Adam Rubin on Twitter