Login Search

Mets' Bobby Parnell to Have Tommy John Surgery

Last Post

Yeah, WvGambler is on to something. I'm more surprised these days when I find that some guy who has been in the league 5+ years hasn't had that surgery. It probably isn't far-fetched to see the day when a team will just put their draft pick pitchers under the knife right away and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
Valverde is probably the best arm on that team other than my boy Mejia, and will be the closer all year.
He will have a good year, he's looked good in the few times I watched him.
Unfortunately for him, he will only get about 30 save opps on this shithole team.
I know they are getting worse every day. it unreal

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
TJ surgery oughtta just be a minor league requirement. Everyone ends up there anyways.
Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
Yeah, WvGambler is on to something. I'm more surprised these days when I find that some guy who has been in the league 5+ years hasn't had that surgery. It probably isn't far-fetched to see the day when a team will just put their draft pick pitchers under the knife right away and be done with it.
I don't think organizations will want to stunt the development of young pitchers by taking away one year (or sometimes two years) of experience at a young age unnecessarily. Now maybe they would opt for the surgery at the first hint of trouble, but I doubt they would make it a blanket requirement.