Login Search

check out my newly drafted fantasy bases team

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
thanks empire, I agree, i could've went with a few more young guns, like i said i probably should have done a little more research. i am pretty on top of the callups though throughout the season so i should hopefully be able to get some good young arms down the road. last year i managed to get cingrani and jose fernandez who were huge assets. i hate paying premiums for guys like that this year though, their second time through the league and hitters will eventually start to catch up. for instance i loved cingrani last year, but he is getting absolutely torched in spring training. we will just have to see

greenhippo, do you mean pineda? he is currently battling david phelps for the #5 spot, but he has looked great this spring. his slider is reportedly really biting, although he could use a little work on his veolcity. ivan nova has also looked stellar this spring. even if they dont end up starting pineda in the rotation, the yankees staff is pretty meh and full of old guys so im sure an injury or ineffectiveness wil take over at some point.
I like Pineda for a #5 type he has a good upside

thanks empire, I agree, i could've went with a few more young guns, like i said i probably should have done a little more research. i am pretty on top of the callups though throughout the season so i should hopefully be able to get some good young arms down the road. last year i managed to get cingrani and jose fernandez who were huge assets. i hate paying premiums for guys like that this year though, their second time through the league and hitters will eventually start to catch up. for instance i loved cingrani last year, but he is getting absolutely torched in spring training. we will just have to see

greenhippo, do you mean pineda? he is currently battling david phelps for the #5 spot, but he has looked great this spring. his slider is reportedly really biting, although he could use a little work on his veolcity. ivan nova has also looked stellar this spring. even if they dont end up starting pineda in the rotation, the yankees staff is pretty meh and full of old guys so im sure an injury or ineffectiveness wil take over at some point.
check out Wheeler, T Walker, Y Ventura, A Bradley they are young guys that might be available here and there and have some strong potential

I like Nova a lot this year he will be on most of my teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
I like Nova a lot also. Think that he is going to have a great year. Empire how many do you play?
I usually play 5 or 6 leagues.
I drafted one tonight passed on Nova at 138 was going to take him next round and he went 2 in front of me I wasn't pleased I got too greedy should have taken him at 138. My team is super strong though.

a couple guys to watch going in the late rounds of drafts this year are khris davis (aka the fake davis) and justin morneau. Morneau didnt have a terrible year last year, but my favorite part about him this year is he will play his home games in colorado...the ball flies out of that park in the summer. davis is also a very cheap source of power, guy could hit over 20 homers this year if he gets full playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
I usually play 5 or 6 leagues.
I drafted one tonight passed on Nova at 138 was going to take him next round and he went 2 in front of me I wasn't pleased I got too greedy should have taken him at 138. My team is super strong though.
if you have a minute post your best team. you seem to do all your research so I would like to see who you took if you don't mind

Empire, I definitely agree with turner...I owned erasimo ramirez last year for the last half, he was kind of a headache. maybe he can turn it around this year, he is still really young. he walks a LOT of guys though, then again he does have high K upside as well. good recommendations, I will be adding some of these guys to my watch list as well