Login Search

NFL Free Agent Discussion Thread

Last Post

Jared Allen decides to head to Chicago. Bears re built their d line this off-season and now have Allen and Lamar Houston as their ends, not too bad at all. Was needed after their embarrassing run defense. Now grab a corner or safety in the first and whichever you don't come back in the 2nd and take and suddenly the bears d has taken a massive leap

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
Good info. What do you think about losing guys like Joseph, Tuck & Nicks? To me, losing Joseph is huge.
Joseph by far is the biggest loss of the year. It's almost scary if you look at him and Barry Cofield a few years back. Both came in with not much acclaim and slowly but surely started grabbing respect game by game. They got too good to afford and had to leave. I would not sleep on Hankins though. He showed a lot of promise in limited opportunities last year and with a Jenkins/Hankins and the probable signing of Patterson we should be just fine.

Nicks was my favorite player but he really dogged it last year. I think he was trying to protect himself heading into FA but he really had a terrible year. No explosive plays and you can say he was banged up but who isn't in the NFL? He dropped passes at an alarmingly high rate towards the end of last year. Lack of focus I assume because he has performed at a high level since coming in. Cruz/Randle/Manningham is solid I guess but I am not oozing with confidence. Not to mention we don't have a tight end at the moment. We will see if Jerry makes my wet dream come true and goes Ebron/Landry in the first two rounds.

Tuck, thanks for the memories guy but his play has declined drastically. Yea, he had 11 sacks but all sacks were not created equal. He has been on decline despite being the heart and soul of the defense. Don't think we miss him too much but that is assuming JPP can step out of the hole he was in last year. Rolle is a great leader and Beason immediately grabbed hold of this defense at the end of last year. JPP/Kiwi/Moore should be just fine.

Expecting us to add TE, WR, OT, C, DE, LB, & RB in the draft. Jerry usually good at finding late gems so stay tuned.