Login Search

NFL Free Agent Discussion Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
Ep you like the sproles pickup? It opens things up for offense even more , sproles still has to be accounted for every time he's out there and he can actually return kicks which is somethng we've lacked for awhile. After that special teams debacle in the playoff game where sproles ran wild 50 yards down the field, you had to know change was coming. Glad wares out of the division too
I love the Sproles acquisition. I know many question what Sproles has left - but for a 5th round pick, he should be a solid addition to Master Chip's offense and that's not a ton of risk. And he's another option in the return game that probably could use a little boost - but I think the boost might come more with better guys around the returner.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
Belichick is no idiot. He saw how SEA was built to beat DEN and took notes. Pats will own DEN this year.
Exactly! I can't stand New England but adding Revis and Browner at corners, as well as Adrian Wilson if he comes back healthy, is a page from Seahawks book. They will own Denver.
Last edited by BarkingToad; 03-16-14 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent Jared Allen is threatening to retire if no team meets his contract demands.

As Sporting News' Ross Tucker quipped, "When your leverage is a 'won't play' media leak, it's fair to say your market is very disappointing." Per RapSheet, Allen "wants his market value, his fair salary," and "if he does not get it, Jared Allen is very much at peace." It's possible that threatening to retire will further sink Allen's market. Rapoport also reported Allen has a "ton of admiration for Barry Sanders," who retired at age 30. Allen turns 32 in April.
If he really wants a ring he should take less and sign with New England

Also seems Panthers and James Jones had a mutual admiration, but they can't afford him.

Free agent James Jones told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he wants to play for the Panthers.

"I would love the opportunity to play for the Carolina Panthers," said Jones, 30. "I would love to play with Cam (Newton)." A Charlotte Observer report from last Thursday stated the Panthers are "keeping tabs" on Jones, but his market has lacked buzz since. Carolina has serious salary cap restraints as long as Greg Hardy's cap number is sitting at above $13 million. The Panthers may simply not be able to afford Jones at this point in time.

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Mar 16 - 2:29 PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
Exactly! I can't stand New England but adding Revis and Browner at corners, as well as Adrian Wilson if he comes back healthy, is a page from Seahawks book. They will own Denver.
Think Wilson is done and hope Browner wasn't just a product of system in Sea because he is not a young guy in NFL years.