Login Search

Looks Like Houston Texans About to Sign Matt Cassel

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
interesting take although im not too sure on bortles. either way that team wont go anywhere with cassel...almost seems like theyd be better off with schaub if the fan base didnt completely turn on him
I think I heard Schaub will be released to clear some cap. And the Bortles thing has been discussed in other threads, I don't agree with it either, but he is apparently O'Brien's boy and he questions the work ethic of both Manziel and Clowney. I posted several times to look for a book offering draft futures that has Bortles at nice odds to be #1 because he could be a nice overlay.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora "anticipate(s)" that the Texans will sign free agent Matt Cassel.

The dots connect, as new Texans coach Bill O'Brien was on New England's staff during Cassel's "breakout" 2008 season, and Houston could use a veteran bridge QB if it's to draft Blake Bortles, as expected. Bortles isn't ready to start in the NFL. Cassel already has a general understanding of O'Brien's offense. Mar 5 - 10:47 PM ET

Note the bolded.

not disagreeing with you LT, you are the SBR version of adam schefter...just disagreeing with the whole strategy of the texans...a couple years ago they had the best record in the league, they have a top tier RB (assuming foster comes back healthy), a vicious pass rush, great defense, and an average QB. just seems to me like they will go through another year of mediocrity if they sign cassel, and their skill players arent getting any younger or cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
And he will probably start next season while the quarterback Houston drafts (place your bets on Blake Bortles going #1) sits for a year.
You don't think signing Cassell would be an indicator that they'd passing on a QB int he 1st round to take Clowney? I do. Maybe they'd take a QB in the 2nd (Garoppolo?)

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
not disagreeing with you LT, you are the SBR version of adam schefter...just disagreeing with the whole strategy of the texans...a couple years ago they had the best record in the league, they have a top tier RB (assuming foster comes back healthy), a vicious pass rush, great defense, and an average QB. just seems to me like they will go through another year of mediocrity if they sign cassel, and their skill players arent getting any younger or cheaper
Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

You don't think signing Cassell would be an indicator that they'd passing on a QB int he 1st round to take Clowney? I do. Maybe they'd take a QB in the 2nd (Garoppolo?)
I agree with many here that Clowney SHOULD go #1. It just doesn't look like it will happen.