Login Search

*** 2014 sbr nascar fantasy live challenge *** year #5

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
we could not count place differential and award our prizes accordingly

I don't think anyone picked factoring that in?
I picked counting on place differential for points, but may cost me on lead laps and fast laps if they all ride around the back most of the race. 4 of my 5 drivers started in the 30's, but am confused on if they are using qualifying spot or based on starting from the back as so many did. Will prob only use that strategy on a plate track tho. This games as much of a crapshoot as the race itself. Won't know how any of this shakes out until it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
is their a limit CD on how many gtimes a driver can be used per segemnt?

(ILL READ ALLTHE RULES B4 PHOENIX NEXT WEEK FOR SURE)
No, that was at foxsports

There are no limits here, and if a driver's value goes up, you are locked into his old price as long as you keep him. If his value goes down, that IS reflected when you hit the "Renegotiate" button (don't see it now but will during week when rosters can be set).

Quote Originally Posted by rickie65 View Post
I picked counting on place differential for points, but may cost me on lead laps and fast laps if they all ride around the back most of the race. 4 of my 5 drivers started in the 30's, but am confused on if they are using qualifying spot or based on starting from the back as so many did. Will prob only use that strategy on a plate track tho. This games as much of a crapshoot as the race itself. Won't know how any of this shakes out until it's over.
Can someone verify if they are using qualifying position, or start position? Like Truex for example.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
No, that was at foxsports

There are no limits here, and if a driver's value goes up, you are locked into his old price as long as you keep him. If his value goes down, that IS reflected when you hit the "Renegotiate" button (don't see it now but will during week when rosters can be set).
THANK YOU LT

i thought i had heard that but didn't have a clue what site the rule was from

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...on-3-pole.html

I looked at this and none of my picks even qualified well so I don't get why I'm being penalized so heavily

I guess my drivers just stink today and are currently at the back.
they are in the back on purpose right now Yiser....i have most back there as well but thats the plan

to stay out of trouble the 1st half at least of the race....not gonna really get going 50-75 laps to go (imo)

but we are in fine shape with those guys

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
Can someone verify if they are using qualifying position, or start position? Like Truex for example.
Its Official Qualifying Position, so in the Truex case, he was 2nd in qualifying and that's what they use for him, not where he started in back of pack. Where as all the other drivers that wrecked had NOT Qualified yet, they Will get the Quality Passes from back of pack.
Last edited by CarolinaDaze; 02-23-14 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDaze View Post
Its Official Qualifying Position, so in the Truex case, he was 2nd in qualifying and that's what they use for him, not where he started in back of pack. Where as all the other drivers that wrecked had NOT Qualified yet, they Will get the Quality Passes from back of pack.
Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
It's from there official qualifying position regardless if they started last
Yeah. I answered my own question in the next post.

Just have to read the rules closely.

I wanted to revisit this idea from last year, but was gonna let things settle in 1st week but..... Any of you guys who play poker here, i'd like to play every week or every other week, to complete our Poker Roll Overs. I'm thinking maybe we start 15-30 minutes after the race starts? Its a time where we are all watching the race, so we should be near our CPs. If I gotta lose, at least it would be to you guys who could use the points for weekly entries?