Login Search

*** 2014 sbr nascar fantasy live challenge *** year #5

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW what the 5 sections were u get points mean?

how to earn the points in each of the sections to come up with out total

• Laps Led:
    Total number of laps led divided by 2. Example: If Carl Edwards lead 70 laps, he would earn 35 points. NASCAR Timing & Scoring will be the official source of this statistical category.
  • Fastest Laps:
    Total number of fastest laps divided by 2. Example: If Denny Hamlin recorded 50 fastest laps, he would earn 25 points. NASCAR Timing & Scoring will be the official source of this statistical category.
  • Place Differential:
    Starting position (based on official qualifying order) minus finish position, +/- 1 point for each driver’s place differential. Example: If Jimmie Johnson started 7th but finished 1st, his place differential would be +6, and he would earn 6 points. If Jeff Gordon started 6th and finished 10th, his place differential would be -4, earning him -4 points.

• Finishing Position:
    1st place gets 46 points, 2nd place gets 42, 3rd place gets 41, 4th place gets 40 points and so on in decrements of one point per position, with 43rd place earning 1 point. The Game will be scored based on the final Race results tabulated by NASCAR Timing and Scoring
  • Bonus Points - Car Manufacturer:
    10-point bonus for picking the winning car manufacturer for that week. Selection DOES NOT carry over from week to week; a new pick must be made each Race.
  • Bonus Points - Pit Crew:
    10-point bonus for picking a Top-5 pit crew (based on positions gained/lost on pit road)

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
had I known this, I would've just picked all the good drivers starting at the rear.
Definitely looks like a decent strategy. There is 70+ points difference between the best and worst score in that category on our leaderboard.