Login Search

The 2014 Major League Baseball Player Chatter, News and Fantasy Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
Who would have thought this back in April?

National League Leaders

NL BATTING AVERAGE AVG

Josh
Harrison
1. Josh Harrison, PIT .318
2. Justin Morneau, COL .315
3. Andrew McCutchen, PIT .311
4. Buster Posey, SF .310
5. Ben Revere, PHI .307
If people were given their top 5 guesses before the season, most would be lucky to come up with 1 of these top 5.

The Pirates averaged 30,839 in their inaugural year at PNC. (2,436,290)

This is the current high in attendance since the park opened.

Through 63 home games this year, the average attendance at PNC is 29,069. (1,831,367)

If my math is correct, the Bucs would have to draw 604,924 over their last 18 home games.

To average 33,607 per game the rest of the season is very achievable since they're very much in the playoff race.
35,638 last night, couldn't have been great weather

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
35,638 last night, couldn't have been great weather
Nice night, a little cool and no rain.

Tonight's attendance was 38,042.

After 74 home games, the attendance is 2,182,913. This averages out to 29,499 per game.

The last two home series are against Boston and Milwaukee.

I have a feeling they're going to break the PNC attendance record this year...

Nice night, a little cool and no rain.

Tonight's attendance was 38,042.

After 74 home games, the attendance is 2,182,913. This averages out to 29,499 per game.

The last two home series are against Boston and Milwaukee.

I have a feeling they're going to break the PNC attendance record this year...

fingers crossed

no stillers to watch on Sunday helps for today

One of my fantasy teams lost in the playoffs tonight, I was down 2.5 points and had N Cruz and Britton in the bottom of the 9th Baltimore down 2-1, Cruz doubles so I'm down 1/2 point, they take him out for a pinch runner, the pinch runner gets knocked in by a double (so I would have won there) so now the game is tied and I still have a shot to get Britton in the game but Kelly Johnson (.212 Kelly) knocked him in and the O's win. At least I have 4 other teams alive in the playoffs but that was a bad beat.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
One of my fantasy teams lost in the playoffs tonight, I was down 2.5 points and had N Cruz and Britton in the bottom of the 9th Baltimore down 2-1, Cruz doubles so I'm down 1/2 point, they take him out for a pinch runner, the pinch runner gets knocked in by a double (so I would have won there) so now the game is tied and I still have a shot to get Britton in the game but Kelly Johnson (.212 Kelly) knocked him in and the O's win. At least I have 4 other teams alive in the playoffs but that was a bad beat.
Yeah, I had the Yankees and I was hoping Girardi was going to leave Betances in to finish it off.

I had an uneasy feeling when Robertson came out to pitch the 9th...