Login Search

Decker or Vereen?

Last Post

Default Decker or Vereen?

Both top 10 this week according to espn's rankings.

My starters at wr and rb are

Marshawn Lynch
Eddie Lacy
Alshon Jeffrey
Brandon Marshall

I don't think I can bench any of those guys. I'm really torn on this one. I wanna go with decker but I keep getting pulled back to Vereen.

Well I found reason to go with Decker definitively.

Lacy should play, but is questionable with the ankle. If I go with Vereen, then Decker will not be an option as he plays tomorrow. So playing Decker at least gives me the emergency scenario of Lacy not being able to go and putting Vereen in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
love vereen against miami's TERRIBLE run defense...i would start both if possible, do you really want to start both alshon AND marshall? then again i guess that has worked out very well...lacy may be the best one to bench although he is really good
Yeah it's tough to bench one over the other because one of them usually has a great game its just hard to predict which one will.

I can't bench Lynch knowing he's a monster. And I really can't bench Lacy going against one of the worst defenses of all time. If Lacy doesn't go then Vereen will definitely be in there

You may consider Vereen over one of the others; Without Gronk, Vereen acts as a nominal TE, in the 4 games he played without Gronk in the full game his has averaged 12 Targets / 9 Catches / 84 ypg.

Jeffery: 10t / 6c / 82ypg
Marshal: 10t/ 6.5c / 84ypg

given Miami's issues vs TE (27th in DVOA), Clevelands ability to lock down #1 WR (3rd in DVOA), and the reality of a rusty Culter, Vereen may deserve a start over one of the Bears wide outs.