Login Search

Michigan -50 Against Hawaii Sat 9/10

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
Polo, out of curiosity...why ask anyone here? As if we're swimming in $100 bills.

Polo: "Who you been talkin to? Who the fuq you been talkin to?"

i will give you 2 reasons:

1) make conversation on the board

2) i value opinions on here. my gut tells me harbaugh goes for blood but i want to hear others and how they view the spread here.

I took Clemson -50 against the citadel a couple years ago when Lawrence was still there. Halftime score 49-0. Final score 49-0. I just can’t lay these numbers after that, I mean how Clemson didn’t accidentally score again in that game even with scrubs in is beyond me

Yeah that's why I think the 1st half bet is better. I agree with Harbaugh wanting to make a statement, but at the same time he knows that destroying Hawaii isn't exactly a statement. Their statement game will be against Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
i will give you 2 reasons:

1) make conversation on the board

2) i value opinions on here. my gut tells me harbaugh goes for blood but i want to hear others and how they view the spread here.
Polo, full respect:

1) This board is sewer-talk.
2) No way there is a +EV opinion on this board. Just throwing shit against the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
Anyone remember Michigan vs Appalachian st

Line Michigan -45

Let’s see what happened.

A Very entertaining watch.

Great game. The line wasn't THAT big.

It wasn't -45. I gotta think about what the # was. My notes say -25.5, but there weren't many 1-AA lines back then.

Found this Dr Bob writeup from the following week:
2 Star Selection
**Oregon 31 MICHIGAN (-8.0) 30
12:30 PM Pacific, 08-Sep-07

First off, Michigan’s loss to Appalachian State was not nearly the biggest upset ever – not even close. Appalachian State has won the Division 1AA Championship in each of the last two years and they rated at just better than an average Division 1A team last season. I would have made Michigan a 17 ½ point favorite last week and it’s not all that unlikely to have a 17 ½ point favorite lose straight up. I was a little upset about the upset loss since I was looking forward to playing against the overrated Wolverines. I had Michigan rated 19th in my ratings to start the season, so I knew there was going to be some value playing against them early on. The loss last week took away a lot of that value, which is too bad. However, there are still reasons to play against Michigan this week. Oregon, like Appalachian State, has a quick quarterback that can pass and run equally well in Dennis Dixon, and the Ducks have plenty of speed at the skill positions on offense too. That sort of speed gave Michigan trouble last week and it will probably give the Wolverines trouble again this week. However, Michigan’s offense looked as good as I figured it would look last week
Found this on my old email:
Two other interesting matchups:
1) Murray st +54.5. They are a low I-AA opponent. But this # is unconscionable. Kragthorpe comes from coaching lineage, and you generally don't try embarrass your peers. This is a name-your-score game, but I'd expect Krag to call off the dogs. Will be interesting to see if backup QB Cantwell is throwing or handing off when he enters the game.

2) App St +25.5. Mich lost a lot on defense. App St has a few NFL prospects. Strong program. Defending I-AA champs and preseason #1 team. App St could score 14 to 17 here. Might be too close for comfort for Wolverine fans.

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
i respect your opinion chuck
I might be acting like a dick at the moment, Polo. I'm bent on a few things.

I'm pretty down on the whole msg-board thing, at the moment. The idea of msg-board hopping to secure profitable betting plays now sounds impossible to me.