Login Search

The big game of next weekend.

Last Post

Default The big game of next weekend.

This is a rather interesting matchup we have here.

Ohio State -6.5 -109 ML -286 OVER 44 -105
Iowa +6.5 -101 ML +254 UNDER 44 -105
This is a game I feel OSU just might lose out right. I'm I the only one here that feels the Iowa ML might be the way to play this game?

Big Ten road games are always tough, but I think Iowa is the more over rated of the 2 teams here. They have played absolutely nobody and still haven't been impressive at all. I know Tate didn't play the Syracuse game but he hasn't lived up to his preseason hype in the 3 he has played this year. Troy Smith and Tenn Ginn are living up to their preseason hype and Ohio St has beaten a couple of good teams convincingly. Their Defense has holes in it (despite the low score they've held their opposition to) but their offense should torch Iowa.

I'm the biggest hawk fan in the world but i don't see how Iowa stays in this one. The hawks corners are weak and slow. Iowa's running game is bad concidering the caliber of opponents they've played this year. They play 2 true freshmen a lot at wide reciever. Tate will shine but the Hawks won't stop the luckeyes.

Default strictly by the numbers i get

ohio st 22.5
iowa 15.30
ohio st -7.20

and again
ohio st 23.40
iowa 14.60
ohio st - 8.80

ohio st beats the spread in both situations that i put them in, but it aint enough to them out. why aggonize over weather or not they can get this cover when theres probably a few other games on the board that may offer better opportunity for a spread cover.
ohio st can beat you up and they may win by 14-17 points here but my numbers didn't give me that.