Login Search

Baylor +27

Last Post

Default Baylor +27

Baylor +27 -110 3 units

Oklahoma, the new #1 team in the nation, is very good. But this smells like a trap game....27 point favorite on the road a week before playing Texas vs a Baylor team with a good coach hungry for respect. With USC, Georgia, and Florida losing the Oklahoma - Texas game will be huge. It's hard to imagine Oklahoma being 100% focused on this game. Baylor is not the horible team they used to be. Robert Griffin is difficult to defend, as he can throw down field and he keeps the defense off balance with his abilty to run. He has solid good numbers for a freshman (seven passing TDs, five rushing TDs and no INTs). Jay Finley is averaging 8.1 yards per carry. Baylor should be able to put some points up here. The question is how much energy is Oklahoma willing to spend with the biggest game of the year coming up? The Sooners are 5-11 ATS the week before Texas the last sixteen years. Add in the fact that Baylor is rested and hungry, I feel the big home dog covers in this game.

I'm considering Baylor Over 17.5 here! Their D is weak enough to give up a ton of points and make it hard to cover but their offense should score either way....especially in garbage time! Freshman Robert Griffin & Coach Art Briles are both the real deal! I pounded Baylor vs Wash State and hit their team total easily against UConn! They're definitely still underrated at this point!

This is by far the toughest defense that Griffin has faced in his short time in the NCAA. Oklahoma will be scoring at least 49 points against a very bad Baylor defense. The question you need to ask your self is, "Do I think Baylor is going to score at least 24?" My answer would be no. Baylor is not going to score 21 against OU. Lol. You guys are funny. Baylor scored about 24 against UConn.. and their defense doesn't even compare to OU's. Bob Stoops knows how to stop running QBs.. just ask Vince Young. If you are leaning on Baylor, then I would save your money.. there are much better plays out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lout84 View Post
This is by far the toughest defense that Griffin has faced in his short time in the NCAA. Oklahoma will be scoring at least 49 points against a very bad Baylor defense. The question you need to ask your self is, "Do I think Baylor is going to score at least 24?" My answer would be no. Baylor is not going to score 21 against OU. Lol. You guys are funny. Baylor scored about 24 against UConn.. and their defense doesn't even compare to OU's. Bob Stoops knows how to stop running QBs.. just ask Vince Young. If you are leaning on Baylor, then I would save your money.. there are much better plays out there.
Eh, you are assuming that Oklahoma puts up 50, which is far from certain. It will be tough for them to get up for this game, especially on the road with Texas coming up, and this being Baylor's shot to prove themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
Eh, you are assuming that Oklahoma puts up 50, which is far from certain. It will be tough for them to get up for this game, especially on the road with Texas coming up, and this being Baylor's shot to prove themselves.
All you can do is assume. You are assuming that Oklahoma scores, what? 35 points? They scored 35 against (at the time) the best defense in the NCAA in TCU. They put up over 50 against the first 3 teams they played this season.. and Baylor is worse than 2 of those teams.

I can tell you that Bob Stoops is going to allow Bradford to pad his stats because he wants him to win the Heisman votes. So running up the score against Baylor is not out of the question. If you heard the speech Coach Stoops gave to OU, then you would know they are not taking this Baylor team lightly. They plan on staying #1 in the polls next week and plan to win all of their games this season convincingly.

Again, not telling you bet on OU, just don't bet against them. Save your money, there are much better games to bet on this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lout84 View Post
All you can do is assume. You are assuming that Oklahoma scores, what? 35 points? They scored 35 against (at the time) the best defense in the NCAA in TCU. They put up over 50 against the first 3 teams they played this season.. and Baylor is worse than 2 of those teams.

I can tell you that Bob Stoops is going to allow Bradford to pad his stats because he wants him to win the Heisman votes. So running up the score against Baylor is not out of the question. If you heard the speech Coach Stoops gave to OU, then you would know they are not taking this Baylor team lightly. They plan on staying #1 in the polls next week and plan to win all of their games this season convincingly.

Again, not telling you bet on OU, just don't bet against them. Save your money, there are much better games to bet on this week.
Last year, Oklahoma scored 61.5 points per game the first four games of the year. Then lost at Colorado 27-24, the week before the Texas game, and two weeks before Missou. Seems like a similar situation as Texas is next week and Kansas is the week after.

Bob Stoops knows how to stop running QBs.. just ask Vince Young.

Robert Griffin is a freshman but he isn't just a runner! Guess you missed the 1st TD pass vs UConn....beautiful floater to the TE right over the defenders hand! Provided that Griffins leg holds up...this Briles team will score on OU too! I'm considering Over 17.5 w/Baylor but maybe Over 62 deserves more study w/2 spread teams w/a ton of speed!

OU 51
Baylor 23

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
Last year, Oklahoma scored 61.5 points per game the first four games of the year. Then lost at Colorado 27-24, the week before the Texas game, and two weeks before Missou. Seems like a similar situation as Texas is next week and Kansas is the week after.
Key statement right here....remember they are 5-11 ATS the past 16 years in the game before playing Texas, are on the road and need to cover 4 TD's to win vs the spread...