Login Search

Hougigo's boxing/MMA picks

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
Where are you finding those lines?
I forgot where, but it's on 5d now and he's -400.. go figure.
Anyway... I'm going to take a stab at Acosta over herrera. Dude's on a losing streak, but he has a wealth of experience over Gonzalez, who has fought mostly doo doo competition. Huge step up for him while Acosta arguably won his last fight.
Also both men haven't fought since 2012, more than a year for Gonzalez, almost a year for Acosta.
I think Acosta will be too smart for Gonzalez and Gonzalez's ring rust will show in this fight.
Best shot Gonzalez has in this fight is a KO or multiple KD's

I got Herrera by 10 round decision @ -103-ish.
Kim moving up in weight and has literally no defense, none. His defense is his ability to throw punches and keep you busy.
Herrera is a smarter fighter who can box good enough to catch Kim every time he comes.
I think Kim's best chance is a KO and Herrera could KO him, but he'll take it to a decision

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
I got Herrera by 10 round decision @ -103-ish.
Kim moving up in weight and has literally no defense, none. His defense is his ability to throw punches and keep you busy.
Herrera is a smarter fighter who can box good enough to catch Kim every time he comes.
I think Kim's best chance is a KO and Herrera could KO him, but he'll take it to a decision
Coming up next, best of luck.

Glad I could get a bit of action on this, the lack of MMA for the next few weeks has me extremely bored.

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
Man, I bombed on that Acosta pick. Looks like he followed the trend of folding in the second half of the fight
Killed my parlay... well, I have Herrera 10 rnd decision @ +107 along with Mayweather Decision -195 and Warriors take the series @ -225.
4 teamer.... looking for a 4th if I make it out of tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
Herrera putting on a clinic after 2... I don't know how much more of this Kim can take.
Kim's tough as nails. Been stopped twice.
Didn't see the first one, but the Lenny Zappa fight was because he got careless and never recovered. Herrera also isn't so much a power guy. If he KO's kim it's because it's such a high accumulation of damage