Login Search

Marquez vs. Diaz July 31st

Last Post

Default Marquez vs. Diaz July 31st

What's everyone's opinion on this rematch? Their first fight was very good. Since then, they've both struggled. I'm not sure what weight this fight is at, but can re-post later. Also, does anyone have a link for a site that will tell keep track of how the odds move? What did this line open at? Currently on Bodog it's -450 for Marquez and +300 for Diaz.

Marquez will win again, it's really a pointless fight as the first fight was a decisive victory for JMM. I've already began using JMM -450 in some parlays with baseball/mma picks.

There also is great value in betting on the under, I don't see this fight going the distance, in fact JMM will probably finish him faster this time around.

Why do you think this, HandJuice? Did Diaz look like total crap against Paulie the second time around? JMM sure didn't help his body much trying to get as big as possible for floyd. I wonder if he'll be weakened by this. He's an old fighter by now and not getting any younger, he's 37, right? That's ancient, especially at lower weights.

Diaz hasn't looked that good lately, and i recall him actually getting hurt by feather fisted mallignaggi in their second fight which tells me that his chin might have weakened. If Diaz would have won his last to fights in impressive fashion than I would give him a serious chance at winning but he didn't so i have to go with Marquez ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
Why do you think this, HandJuice? Did Diaz look like total crap against Paulie the second time around? JMM sure didn't help his body much trying to get as big as possible for floyd. I wonder if he'll be weakened by this. He's an old fighter by now and not getting any younger, he's 37, right? That's ancient, especially at lower weights.
Diaz did get abused by Malignaggi. IMO he's always been overrated. Marquez is 36. I'm not excited about this fight at all, there are a lot of other fights that I'm much more interested in watching.

Unfortunately I missed the rematch with Paulie. I didn't think he looked bad in the first fight, and based on that would give him a good chance in this JMM rematch. But was his chin really dented by Paulie? I'm not sure I can ever believe that, but if it's true, Ian is right and I wouldn't bet on Diaz against *anyone* Paulie is the weakest puncher in all of boxing with those china hands, lol

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
Unfortunately I missed the rematch with Paulie. I didn't think he looked bad in the first fight, and based on that would give him a good chance in this JMM rematch. But was his chin really dented by Paulie? I'm not sure I can ever believe that, but if it's true, Ian is right and I wouldn't bet on Diaz against *anyone* Paulie is the weakest puncher in all of boxing with those china hands, lol
To be more clear, here are the problems I saw with Diaz in the Malignaggi fight:
1) Malignaggi thoroughly outboxed him
2) As usual, Diaz bled all over himself
3) Light hitting Malignaggi staggered Diaz a few times. Malignaggi refused to follow up on these exchanges, choosing instead to sit back and win the round, but a more aggressive fighter could have probably KOd him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Even though I'm not too thrilled about the main event, this undercard is absolutely stacked... I might even buy tickets for it because of the quality of the undercard. Here's a link to the full card as listed on boxrec.

A great undercard. Finally boxing is getting back to promoting a full card instead of a big main event and a bunch of crap.

Marquez is too smart in the ring for Diaz and will attack earlier in this fight than the first one. 2 warriors, but in the end JMM will get the W. The Floyd fight was a payday mistmatch.