Login Search

WWE vs MMA

Last Post

Default WWE vs MMA

Give me a break; yes I respect the WWE and what they do as performers; but come on; these MMA fighters have studied certain forms of martial arts for decades; just because some had a couple of drunkin fights in their 20's, it doesn't mean that they can be paid to fight; good luck Davr

Quote Originally Posted by Chima View Post
Give me a break; yes I respect the WWE and what they do as performers; but come on; these MMA fighters have studied certain forms of martial arts for decades; just because some had a couple of drunkin fights in their 20's, it doesn't mean that they can be paid to fight; good luck Davr
I think you're missing out on a key point. The main point of both MMA and pro wrestling is to make money. If a former wwe wrestler or some goof with a beard who beat people up on the internet will draw money, then MMA organizations would be stupid not to take advantage of that. Contrary to your assertion, these guys can be paid to fight. And they will be paid to fight as long as not going broke is a priority for MMA promoters.

Some of the really good MMA blokes in Japan were ex-pro wrestlers, particularly when Pride was the biggest organization in the world... oh, how i miss Pride....

Of course, Japanese pro-wrestling is a bit different to the WWE and WWF rubbish.