Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Bellator 41 Plays:

0.5 units on Kenny Foster at +130 to win 0.65 units;

0.2 units on Chad Robichaux at +265 to win 0.530 units;

Parlay: 0.613 units on Amir Kahn, Freire, Warren, & GSP to win 0.703 units.
Dogs didn't come through for me but squarish back-up parlay is lookin good!

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
Are you same Vaughany that posts on Sherdog? Was wondering that.
Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
I believe he is. Pretty sure I saw him pop up in Oblivian's betting thread once or twice.
Correct boys! Only tend to go on there tho to take the piss out of some of the ridiculous threads and comments that pop up!

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
i put 2.4 units on wanderlei at +120 as well. good luck! line is already at -120.
Nice one Will probly get to -150 to -175 range I reckon. I expected Wanderlei to be over-valued if anything because of his name and at end of the day, although I dont like to apply MMAMath, the fact is that Wanderlei has beaten Bisping who comfortably beat Leben. Guess they must be basing it on Wanderlei's long lay-off and possiblilty that his age will catch up with him and not have a chin that can deal with Leben's wild punches. I think tht Wanderlei might look to take this to the ground and GnP Leben or even submit him.

EDIT... at -160 already now and Leben at +120.
Last edited by Vaughany; 04-19-11 at 10:58 AM.

I don't mind Sherdog like a lot of people, but that's generally because I shy away from really bad threads in the Heavyweight forum. I hate that fighter bashing is bannable though. You can bash players in other sports no problem.

I don't have a concrete opinion on Leben-Wand, but Wand as the underdog looked wrong. Just like I thought Rory MacDonald as the favorite over Nate Diaz looked wrong.

I don't mind Sherdog like a lot of people, but that's generally because I shy away from really bad threads in the Heavyweight forum. I hate that fighter bashing is bannable though. You can bash players in other sports no problem.

I don't have a concrete opinion on Leben-Wand, but Wand as the underdog looked wrong. Just like I thought Rory MacDonald as the favorite over Nate Diaz looked wrong.
Didnt Macdonald come out as underdog tho? I agree tho tht he shouldnt be favourite against Diaz although it should be tight. Quite obviously Diaz struggles with wrestlers who have stifling top control...I'm not sure if Macdonald has the wrestling or size advantage to do this against Diaz. I'll just be betting on tht one goin the distance I think.

Diaz did open as the favorite and MacDonald movement pushed Diaz to like +110. Just doesn't seem right. Not sold on MacDonald. Seems like the typical Canadian that gets his asslicked before he's proven anything. Personally, I thought the Condit fight was bullshit. The announcers and fans were all over MacDonald, but I thought Condit was landing the better blows and MacDonald's takedowns didn't result in a damn thing. Yet, after the fight, people were whining about the stoppage and saying MacDonald was seconds away from a decision win. He got the shit kicked out of him.

I was impressed with how little a grappler like Kim was able to do to Diaz on the ground. Just don't think MacDonald is gonna be safe if he tries to stall out rounds with some takedowns. And as annoyed as we all get with that Diaz boxing, you rarely see a Diaz brother getting outstruck standing.

Diaz did open as the favorite and MacDonald movement pushed Diaz to like +110. Just doesn't seem right. Not sold on MacDonald. Seems like the typical Canadian that gets his asslicked before he's proven anything. Personally, I thought the Condit fight was bullshit. The announcers and fans were all over MacDonald, but I thought Condit was landing the better blows and MacDonald's takedowns didn't result in a damn thing. Yet, after the fight, people were whining about the stoppage and saying MacDonald was seconds away from a decision win. He got the shit kicked out of him.

I was impressed with how little a grappler like Kim was able to do to Diaz on the ground. Just don't think MacDonald is gonna be safe if he tries to stall out rounds with some takedowns. And as annoyed as we all get with that Diaz boxing, you rarely see a Diaz brother getting outstruck standing.
Yeah I cant remember tht fight too well, need to watch it again, but I remember Condit sayin tht he thought he was down 2 rounds going in to the third so had to go out guns blazing. I had a couple units on fight going the distance so I was pissed with the last second stoppage for different reasons! Other than that fight MacDonald has submitted Guymon but I have no doubt that Diaz would finish the Joker with ease as well. Just hard for me to bet against a Diaz unless they're facing a reasonably big, solid takedown merchant like Stungun who can nullify their aggressive guard. And as u say, they're pitter-patter high volume striking works well - and although Markham and Davis were/are past their best and veterans the ease at which Diaz took them out was impressive. I might even consider a play on Diaz straight up hedged with Macdonald by decision as I find it hard to imagine a Diaz ever getting finished!
Last edited by Vaughany; 04-19-11 at 01:21 PM.