Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

When you do as much prop betting as you do V, you're bound to hit walls. I am actually surprised you hit as many as you do.
I stayed away from the props on this one and had a pretty solid night thanks to Diaz, Melendez, and Chandler. That Mousasi/Jardine decision was utter bs and lowered my return on 4 parlays. Enjoyed the card though, good fights!

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
When you do as much prop betting as you do V, you're bound to hit walls. I am actually surprised you hit as many as you do.
I stayed away from the props on this one and had a pretty solid night thanks to Diaz, Melendez, and Chandler. That Mousasi/Jardine decision was utter bs and lowered my return on 4 parlays. Enjoyed the card though, good fights!
Yeah that's it... Diaz by sub at +300 and Mousasi by Tko/KO at +225 were too good to pass up on just because of their value...another night at least one of them would of hit. I just overestimated Daley's stand-up defence, I thought he'd use a lot of head movement and circle a lot, instead he kept backing up against the fence and lettin Diaz tee-off on him. Gd job with the Diaz, Melendez and Chandler plays bro....shame about Mousasi tho

When you do as much prop betting as you do V, you're bound to hit walls.
That's the thing with prop betting. You could pick the winners of 4 fights go 4-0, but lose money on all 4 fights. It's going to happen once in a while. Having said that, you do an excellent job at it.
p.s. I probably had something to do with this by saying I don't think you'll have a losing night anymore.

just a little too complicated for an andaluz ja ja,,, but will manage to understand.. so 1 unit equals 10 euros right?.... and what about those fight with special props most books do not show them.. are they so important to betv in order to achieve the deired goals,,,,none of my books show those bets....and the one you told me,, is rated c,,, i do not trust them,, had an awful relationship with mi apuesta.com

suerte man!!!,,will like to see you at marbella when you come in the summer,, regards.

Quote Originally Posted by rafa martin View Post
just a little too complicated for an andaluz ja ja,,, but will manage to understand.. so 1 unit equals 10 euros right?.... and what about those fight with special props most books do not show them.. are they so important to betv in order to achieve the deired goals,,,,none of my books show those bets....and the one you told me,, is rated c,,, i do not trust them,, had an awful relationship with mi apuesta.com

suerte man!!!,,will like to see you at marbella when you come in the summer,, regards.
No worries, can be complicated no matter where u are from...confuses me sometimes as well, especially due to the amount of bets and arbs I do! 1 unit equals £10, and with regards to the props I get most of them at paddypower and sportbet. They are important for me as I use them even more than staight up bets (moneyline) and do a lot of arbs with them, but by no means are they vital to gettin positive results. Ah right so Miapuesta is the Spanish Sportingbet.com then...I've not really used them too much, mostly for boxing arbs, such as I've got Pacquiao by decision on ther at +110 currently. I've not had any issues with them yet as far as I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
UFC 129 Play:

0.5 units on Aldo by decision at +800 to win 4 units.

This will be a hedge to Aldo by TKO/KO or Aldo KO of the Night & Aldo Submission of the Night.
+800? Makes me sick... I thought I had a great bet on Aldo at +399 for decision.
I did take a chance on Aldo by sub at +1200 also.... Hominick has been prone to RNC's.

I definitely see Machida going balls to the wall and TKO'ing Randy. Just b/c the judges are always screwy and favor Randy, I threw down .2u on the fight to go to a draw also at +4500.

+800? Makes me sick... I thought I had a great bet on Aldo at +399 for decision.
I did take a chance on Aldo by sub at +1200 also.... Hominick has been prone to RNC's.

I definitely see Machida going balls to the wall and TKO'ing Randy. Just b/c the judges are always screwy and favor Randy, I threw down .2u on the fight to go to a draw also at +4500.
Yeah Eurosites are big on Aldo to win by TKO/KO...-225 on Skybet so the decision prop is juicy! The sub prop at +1200 is decent value for sure, just added that as well!

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
wow...with all those bets V, you must really like Aldo in this one. What is your reasoning on liking Aldo so much? I placed a small wager on Hominick just for fun..I actually like his chances.
Im a big Hominick fan and think he will be Aldo's toughest test yet as it's true Aldo hasn't faced a high level striker and a high level fighter who will come forward like Hominick. Nonetheless, as much as I like Hominick, he hasn't beaten great competition. Savant Young, Caraway, Jabouin, Garcia and Roop are not at the level of guys like Faber and Brown, Gamburyan, Swanson and Brookins - all of whom Aldo walked through comfortably. Moreover, Hominick despite being a great boxer doesn't have nasty leg kicks and also doesn't have elite level defence. IMO, the Jabouin fight is a good indicator of how this fight could go (but with Hominick not gettin a sweep and TKO!). Jabouin was able to land numerous leg kicks and body kicks in the first round and took the round. And in the second round, Jabouin who was able to drop Hominick with a counter punch when backed in to the cage during their fight after taking a mean body shot, and yes Hominick showed a great chin and composure as he was able to recover almost immediately and sweep Jabouin due to Yves' limited ground game, but without a doubt if a similar situation occurs in the Aldo fight, Aldo will be able to finish with a sub or GnP.

The EPIC Hominick vs Jabouin fight can be seen here...
http://www.pancrase.org/mark-hominic...49/06-22-2010/
Last edited by Vaughany; 04-12-11 at 08:18 AM.

Brian Foster out of fight with Pierson due to a brain hemorrhage

He'll be devastated, his younger brother died on 29th April so would of meant a lot to him to fight on tht card.

Edit*** Holy Shiiiiiiit he had to have a testicle removed after a groin shot as well!... http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...s-of-testicle/
Last edited by Vaughany; 04-12-11 at 03:58 PM.