Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by thesox0311 View Post
only thing that scares me is that Mir/Cro Cop ending.
Schaub: "No hugs, no high-fives". I doubt CC makes it through fifteen minutes of Schaub's right. CC had it correct when he said no more young lions but I think after the garbage Mir fight Dana told CC "Schaub or gtfo" in so many words. More lights out for CC imo. CC at this point is the HW Liddell; expired chin. Schaub said it himself, he aint bullshittin out there, and look at Mir... he bullshitted and still got the KO!

I still think CC has a good chin. He has taken a lot of punishment and survived. JDS stopped him, but that was because of an eye injury not because of a KO. I don't think Schaub's power is even comparable to Mir's, JDS or Pat Barry at this point. He may be more skilled than most of CC's opponents, but CC can easily survive and +400 is an amazing price.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAdisciple View Post
Schaub: "No hugs, no high-fives". I doubt CC makes it through fifteen minutes of Schaub's right. CC had it correct when he said no more young lions but I think after the garbage Mir fight Dana told CC "Schaub or gtfo" in so many words. More lights out for CC imo. CC at this point is the HW Liddell; expired chin. Schaub said it himself, he aint bullshittin out there, and look at Mir... he bullshitted and still got the KO!
Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
I still think CC has a good chin. He has taken a lot of punishment and survived. JDS stopped him, but that was because of an eye injury not because of a KO. I don't think Schaub's power is even comparable to Mir's, JDS or Pat Barry at this point. He may be more skilled than most of CC's opponents, but CC can easily survive and +400 is an amazing price.
Yeah, I think Schaub might be even more tentative and composed then he was in the Gonzaga fight and try and use his jab and be elusive as possible. He's also admitted in an interview that he suffers big time with nerves and anxiety which is only gonna be compounded when your a big favourite against a guy with Cro Cop's mystique! I'll be adding Schaub KO of the Night tho as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thesox0311 View Post
I could def. see Schaub KO of then night, might throw some on that as well.
Yeah only competition for this could be Shogun or Wineland IMO. Bones could finish Shogun with strikes/elbows but it's highly unlikely going to be a KO as such. I guess Marquadt could potential finish Miller but Miller is very resilient and I think will be able to avoid gettin KO'd. Miller/Shalorus should end in decision or Miller sub. Cane could KO Marshall and Barboza/Njokuani could of course end in a KO but as Schaub is on main card and against a big name in Cro-Cop I like him to be favoured if he does finish CC with strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Yeah only competition for this could be Shogun or Wineland IMO. Bones could finish Shogun with strikes/elbows but it's highly unlikely going to be a KO as such. I guess Marquadt could potential finish Miller but Miller is very resilient and I think will be able to avoid gettin KO'd. Miller/Shalorus should end in decision or Miller sub. Cane could KO Marshall and Barboza/Njokuani could of course end in a KO but as Schaub is on main card and against a big name in Cro-Cop I like him to be favoured if he does finish CC with strikes.
I agree 100% with that. Only thing that scares me is if Shogun knocks out Jones...title fight KO is a lock for KO of the night.

Additional UFC 128 Plays:

9.091 units on Marquardt/Miller to go the distance at +110 to win 10 units;

9.8 units on Marquardt/Miller to not go the distance at +160 to win 15.68 units;

6.218 units on Faber not inside the distance at +105 to win 6.529 units.

Will be hedging this with Faber by Submission or Faber Submission of the Night.

makes sense,v...seems like the one that would worry me would be njok catching barboza....if barboza gets it done it would seem like it might be an incremental beatdown featuring those monster kicks....

good stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
makes sense,v...seems like the one that would worry me would be njok catching barboza....if barboza gets it done it would seem like it might be an incremental beatdown featuring those monster kicks....

good stuff...
I'd be very shocked if Njokuani takes out Barboza. From what I've seen Barboza has decent enough defence and from what he's said in interviews he may even look to take this to the mat.
Last edited by Vaughany; 03-16-11 at 04:51 PM.

I'd be very shocked if Njokuani takes out Barboza. From what I've seen Barboza has decent enough defence and from what he's said in interviews he may even look to take this too the mat.
i hadn`t read that...thanks for the info....i am a barboza admirer...looking at the barboza itd prop.....

some of those kicks should be measured on the richter scale...

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
i hadn`t read that...thanks for the info....i am a barboza admirer...looking at the barboza itd prop.....

some of those kicks should be measured on the richter scale...
Yeah, his direct quote was... "Anything can happen in a fight...my ground game is pretty solid. I know that quite a few people wonder about my ground game. All I can say is watch . . . it should be very interesting as to how I win this fight.”

However, he also goes on to say... "I fight because I really love it. I love to knock people out.” So maybe he will stand and strike with Njokuani. But he did say after the Lullo fight that he wants to be a great all-rounder like GSP and he also did takedown Lullo in their fight so it's not like he's absolutely focused on keeping the fight standing, even against a guy like Lullo whose only potential threat was on the ground (and of course he wont have this problem with Njokuani on the ground). With this in mind, I've made a small play on Barboza by submission at +1000 which I feel is great value.