Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by VictorRoll View Post
Sadly, I don't see Fedor/Overeem ever meeting. GOD, I HOPE I'M WRONG. History has shown obstacles always seem to pop up and prevent their fighting, namely Fedor's Russian handlers. I wouldn't be surprised if Fedor is hurt (broken hand again) and can't continue in the tournament, or Overeem won't fight in the states and the timetable gets drawn out, causing Strikeforce to bring in an alternate. The plan being for Fedor/Barnett or Overeem/Barnett to meet in the finals and set up an Overeem vs Fedor fight "down the road" as they always seem to do...

Anyway, that's all. No intent to hijack your thread.
ha no worries, and I too am quite doubtful as to whether the Tournament Finale actually happens! Im very confident though that if it does get to final stage then one of Fedor, Overeem or Barnett will win.

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
what do you think about Robbie Lawler + 205? I think he has a great chance in this fight against Souza
If I had to play either at the current odds I'd take Lawler at +200 or better. However, as it's a 5 round fight I'd be more inclined to play Lawler by TKO/KO at +324 (Sportbet) if was going to make any play on him at all. Jacare has tended to keep fights standing for a while in recent fights and although his stand-up is okay he could definitely get caught by Lawler. Im staying away from this one just because of Lawler's tendency to fall in to subs.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
is it smart to bet the fight will go the distance then bet it wont like u did?? dont u lose either way and win i suppose
Are you referring to his plays on the Sotoropolous/Siver and Bisping/Rivera fights? Since his + odds are greater than his - odds he'll either win or break even.