Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
What an absolute beating!

Ok I know Randy is Captain America, but I think its more fitting for Stann. Even is lingo is from the 1940's. "Golly Gee Willikers that Leben sure is a toughy, I'll tell you what." Like he has been frozen in ice for several decades
haha yeah he is Steve Rogers in disguise! Pretty disgusted with myself for not goin bigger on a single play on him to win wen he was +160
Should of put more units on that and less on Stann by decision in hindsight...stupid error!

UFC 125 Review:

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Summary of UFC 125 Plays:

7 units on Maynard at -125 to win 5.6 units (plus stake);

5.6 units on Edgar at +135 to win 7.56 units (plus stake);

3 units on Stungun by decision at +155 to win 4.724 units (plus stake);

1.3 units on Vera by decision at +424 to win 5.5 units (plus stake);

1.5 units on Stann by decision at +400 to win 6 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Stann at +160 to win 1.6 units (plus stake);

4.5 units on Guida at -150 to win 3 units (plus stake);

3 units on Gomi at +150 to win 4.5 units (plus stake);

Parlay: 1.92 units on Diaz/Kim goes distance & Guida by decision to win 6.22 units (plus stake);

0.64 units on Davis/Stephens Over 2.5 rounds at +160 to win 1.025 units (plus stake);

0.64 units on Baroni/Tavares Over 2.5 rounds at +170 to win 1.09 units (plus stake);

0.128 units on Thiago Silva quickest TKO/KO at +1100 to win 1.409 units (plus stake);

0.128 units on Diaz to win in Rnd 3 at +1270 to win 1.627 units (plus stake);

Parlay: 0.325 units on Tavares, Grispi, Vera, & Edgar/Maynard Over 4.5 Rounds to win 1.684 units (plus stake);

Parlay: 0.648 units on Gomi/Guida Starts Round 3, Diaz/Kim goes distance, & Edgar/Maynard goes distance to win 1.455 units (plus stake);

0.065 units on Edgar to win in Round 5 at +4000 to win 2.6 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Roberts at Evens to win 1 unit (plus stake);

1 unit on Soto at +113 to win 1.13 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Volkmann at +195 to win 1.95 units (plus stake);

0.5 units on Davis at +252 to win 1.26 units (plus stake);

0.05 units on Diaz KO of the Night at +2500 to win 1.25 units (plus stake);

0.2 units on Grispi Submission of the Night at +1200 to win 2.4 units (plus stake);

0.2 units on Guida Submission of the Night at +800 to win 1.6 units (plus stake);

0.3 units on Leben KO of the Night at +650 to win 1.95 units (plus stake);

0.1 units on Vera KO of the Night at +1200 to win 1.2 units (plus stake).
Total stake: 35.744 units

Total return: 38.839 units

Profit: 3.095 units

Quote Originally Posted by ddream1 View Post
no surprise sir, well done, seriously u r very talented, along with Ecc, lask, ill and others. u guys are doing solid solid work
Cheer bro, could of been so much better tho! This was supposed to be my trump card and was expecting make at least 6 units profit...made a big school boy error in not putting more on Stann straight up so always another lesson to be learnt! Not gonna make the same mistake with Hominick on the next card, planning to go reasonably big on him at reasonable odds... -200 hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by lasker View Post
You never have a losing night, do ya? Good work Vaugh, especially on leading the Stann brigade. Excellent call.
Grazie Sir, ha well not for a while but it's bound to happen soon! Stann is the man...should of had more confidence in his knockout power especially with Leben's complete lack of footwork and head movement, I just thought that a decision was a lot more likely as I expected him to be a lot more cautious, rely on cardio and not engage near as much as he ended up doing. Clearly had a lot of confidence in his own ability to beat Leben to the punch and use his 3 and half inch reach advantage to good effect.

...and just wen I thought I couldnt hang off Frankie's nuts anymore he goes pulls off the most amazing comeback ever! The guy is beyond legendary!
Edgar's guts and chin combination in the first round were unreal. We've never really seen him like that before. Now that we know the true strength of his chin, and his resiliency, it's gonna be hard to bet against him again. I thought that Edgar won that fight personally. I would have given him rounds 2-5 (I subscribe to the whole "gotta beat the champ" thing, which Maynard only did decisively in the first). The draw wasn't the worst judging ever though. What do you do now with Pettis? Does he get the next fight, or do you have to rematch first? I'd like to see the Pettis/Edgar fight more, but I think you've gotta let Gray and Frankie settle this one first.

Sengoku Soul of Fight & Dream Dynamite Results: +1.354 units UFC 125 Results: +3.095 units Total Profit since Aug 26th 2010: +73.773 units
In all honesty, just by reading your posts...you seem pretty good...but if you do this I promise you'll do much better...Stop hedging your own bets! Trust your instincts.