Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Summary of UFC 121 Plays:

Straddle: 2 units on Shields by decision at +175; 0.365 units on Kampmann by decision at +550; & 0.365 units on Shields "Submission of the Night" at +650. Will makes just over 2 units if Shields wins by decision, and will get overall stake (2.73 units) back if Kampmann wins by decision or Shields get sub of the night;

2.5 units on Hamill/Ortiz to decision at Evens to win 2.5 units (plus stake);

2.5 units on Sanchez/P.Thiago to decision at Evens to win 2.5 units (plus stake);

2 units on Camozzi at +120 to win 2.4 units (plus stake).

1.635 units on Cote/Lawlor to decision at -110 to win 1.486 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Stout/Taylor "Fight of the Night" at +600 to win 6 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Lesnar/Velasquez Over 2.5 Rounds at +151 to win 1.51 units (plus stake);

0.284 units on Cote/Lawlor "Fight of the Night" at +700 to win 1.99 units (plus stake);

0.3 units on Schaub "KO of the Night" at +700 to win 2.1 units (plus stake);

0.1 units on Cote "KO of the Night" at +1600 to win 1.6 units (plus stake).

That should be my lot for the night, decided to resist betting on Lesnar or Velasquez to win, I think Brock should win it but I'm expecting it to go to at least 3rd round just because of how tough and resilient they both are. Just put a couple hundred of betpoints on Brown Pride for banter! BOL to all
You are getting some serious value on these plays! I wish I could be on a euro book lol. GL tonight!

UFC 121 Review:

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Summary of UFC 121 Plays:

Straddle: 2 units on Shields by decision at +175; 0.365 units on Kampmann by decision at +550; & 0.365 units on Shields "Submission of the Night" at +650. Will makes just over 2 units if Shields wins by decision, and will get overall stake (2.73 units) back if Kampmann wins by decision or Shields get sub of the night;

2.5 units on Sanchez/P.Thiago to decision at Evens to win 2.5 units (plus stake);

2 units on Camozzi at +120 to win 2.4 units (plus stake).

1.635 units on Cote/Lawlor to decision at -110 to win 1.486 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Stout/Taylor "Fight of the Night" at +600 to win 6 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Lesnar/Velasquez Over 2.5 Rounds at +151 to win 1.51 units (plus stake);

0.284 units on Cote/Lawlor "Fight of the Night" at +700 to win 1.99 units (plus stake);

0.3 units on Schaub "KO of the Night" at +700 to win 2.1 units (plus stake);

0.1 units on Cote "KO of the Night" at +1600 to win 1.6 units (plus stake).

That should be my lot for the night, decided to resist betting on Lesnar or Velasquez to win, I think Brock should win it but I'm expecting it to go to at least 3rd round just because of how tough and resilient they both are. Just put a couple hundred of betpoints on Brown Pride for banter! BOL to all
Also had a 4 out of 5 folds parlay that I did a while ago that needed a Shields win to get the stake back:

Fourfolds from 5: 0.3 units on Jardine, Saffiedine, J. Taylor, Shields, Mir to win 1.295 (plus stake).
Great night of fights and the Velasquez win was EPIC! All my plays which had over a unit at stake were successful. In hindsight perhaps a bit silly not picking a fight that involved Diego Sanchez for FOTN!

Total Stake for UFC 121: 14.349 units
Total Return: 23.36 units
Profit: + 9.011 units
Last edited by Vaughany; 10-24-10 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Miscalculated the profit from Shields winning by decision!

On the back of a successful result last night, here are my initial thoughts on what will be my likely plays for the next 2 UFC events taking place in November:

UFC 122:

After getting 4 out of 4 in my 'to decision' prop bets last night, I feel there is potential for a similar result at the next event in Germany. Not a lot of big names on the 122 card and will no doubt receive a similar bashing to what 120 got, but nonetheless I think there are some highly intriguing bouts on the card which also have the potential to be very entertaining. One of the main things that is apparent when looking at this card is that the majority of the match-ups seem very even and thus tough to call who will win. However, this offers great opportunity for the 'to decision' prop bet IMO. The main event Marquardt vs Okami to go to decision and main card fight - Sadollah vs Sobotta to go to decision - will be two definite plays for me if the odds are -110 or better.

Firstly, with regard to Marquardt vs Okami, 7 out of 11 of Okami's fights in the UFC have gone to decision, with the only stoppages (all in Okami's favour) coming against opposition such as Singer, Starnes, Linhares, and Tanner, all of whom are a level below the likes of Marquardt and the other previous fighters who Okami has beaten or loss to in decisions such as Sonnen, Munoz, Franklin, and Belcher. The fact that Okami's only losses have been by decision shows how tough and durable he is. Furthermore, Okami and Marquardt are very evenly matched, both being well-rounded and large middleweights although Marquardt perhaps has greater power and better camp/team behind him which would make me lean towards him winning a decision if I had to pick between them. Overall, I think that this fight goes to decision at least 60% of the time which means a bet at evens or -110 is good value IMO.

Another fight that I feel goes to decision at least 60% of the time is Amir Sadollah vs Peter Sobotta. Sadollah's last three fights have been to decision (winning two and losing the last one after being totally out grappled by Dong-Hyun Kim). He was TKO'd early against Hendricks, however Hendricks is a level above Sobotta, as well as Baroni and Blackburn who Sadollah has beaten since the Hendricks loss. Meanwhile, Sobotta has lost both of his two UFC fights by decision and is in a must-win situation in front of his home crowd. I think there is a possibility that Sadollah could submit Sobotta off his back or through a rear-naked, however, James Wilks (who IMO is a better grappler and rangier than Sadollah) couldn't submit Sobotta in three-rounds, so I like my chances that Sobotta with the German audience behind will manage to resist getting submitted if he takes Sadollah down (I think Sadollah will fancy his chances standing and not actively pursue the takedown through his blackbelt sambo).

I also like the Soszynski/Reljic and Siver/Winner fights to go to decision as well, but not as confident as I am with the Marquardt and Sadollah fights.

Since his return from injury Reljic has lost two on the bounce by decision so is in a must win position and will probly face the chop if he does lose. The Polish Experiment is 4-2 in the UFC but is coming off a TKO loss to Bonnar and is not at threat of being cut but needs the win big time if he wants to stay relevant. This should lead to both fighters being more cautious than they have before. Reljic has never been finished before and is a brown-belt in BJJ so I dont think Soszynski will be able to submit him with his favoured Kimura move like he did against Primm, Stann and Hicks before. I think there is more than 50% chance this fight goes to decision so will take it if I can get it better than Evens odds.

Siver/Winner should be a great stand-up battle. Winner certainly wont try to take this to the ground and it's unlikely Siver will either (even though he'd probably have the slight advantage there), especially as he's the key German representative in the UFC and will be eager to impress and get a KO or FOTN in front of the German crowd. 3 out of 4 of Winner's UFC fights have gone to decision, he KO'd Rolly Delgado who's stand up is no way near Siver's level. Both fighters have each lost a decision to Ross Pearson and Siver has been TKO'd once in his career against Guillard. Depending on the odds, I may take this as well to go to decision.

UFC 123:

Great card for UFC 123, with the likes of Tyson Griffin, Parisyan, and Kelly on the undercard; and 4 of the most entertaining fighters in Foster, Brown, Munoz and Simpson all on the SPIKE TV card. I'm looking at both of the SPIKE fights to go to decision. Matt Brown and Foster are both tough as hell and I think they are going to have a 3 round FOTN WAR! Also will look to take Hallman if he is the underdog as I expect. On the main card my two big plays will be Sotiripolous by decision; and Machida by decision hedged with Rampage by TKO/KO. I think the reach and size advantage will be too much for Lauzon against Sotiropolous, plus he doesnt have a clear advantage standing or grappling IMO. I will do a proper write-up of my thoughts on this match-up closer to the event, but overall I don't see Sotiripolous TKO/KO'ing or submitting Lauzon. Regarding the Machida Rampage match-up, although it's not out of the question, I dont envisage Machida TKO/KO'ing Rampage. After being KO'd by Rua in the first round of his last fight, I think Machida will go back to being very cautious and elusive and will just pick apart a heavy-footed Rampage. There is always a chance that Rampage catches him tho and as he is the +200 underdog anyway, I think there will be good value in Rampage by TKO/KO at +350 or better as a back-up bet.

2 Month Review:

Since Bellator 26 (August 26th) I have had the following results:

Bellator 26: + 0.45 units
UFC 118: + 6.11 units
MFC Retribution: - 1.6 units
UFC FIGHT NIGHT 22 PLAYS: + 5.55 units
UFC 119: + 1.5 units
WEC 51: + 1.07 units
Cage Warriors 38: + 11.0 units
Strikeforce Diaz vs Noons 2: + 2.417 units
UFC 120: - 0.589 units
UFC 121: + 9.011 units

Total Profit since August 26th: + 34.919 units

Review of prop bets and straddles since August 26th (Bellator 26):

Fight to go to decision props:

(100% success rate):

Successful:

1.635 units on Cote/Lawlor to decision at -110 to win 1.486 units (plus stake)

2 units on Lytle/Serra to decision at Evens to win 2 units (plus stake);

2 units on Florian/Maynard going the distance to win 1.45 units (plus stake);

Fail:

None

Fighter to win by decision (straight-up):

(50% success rate)...

Successful:

2.5 units on Bisping by decision at +137.5 to win 3.438 units (plus stake);

0.5 units on Bader by decision at +175 to win 0.875 units (plus stake);

Fail:

3 units on Hathaway by decision at +130 to win 3.9 units (plus stake);

0.5 units on Dunham by decision at +137.5 to win 0.688 units (plus stake);

Fighter to win by decision/sub/KO straddles:

(60% success rate)...

Successful:

Straddle: 2.1 units on Stephens at +125, & 1 unit on Guillard by decision at +200;

Straddle: 2 units on Gleison Tibau at +137.5 to win 2.75 units (plus stake); and 2.5 units on Jim Miller by decision at +200 to win 5 units (plus stake)

Straddle: 1.7 units on Charles Oliveira by submission at +550 to win 9.35 units (plus stake); and 1 unit on Efrain Escudero by decision at +275 to win 2.75 units (plus stake)

Straddle 2: 0.5 units on Edgar by decision to win 2.250 units (plus stake); and 0.3 units on Penn by submission to win 0.6 units (plus stake);

Straddle 1 (of sorts): 1 unit on Couture winning in Rnd 1 to win 2 units (plus stake), and 0.3 units on Couture winning in Rnd 2 to win 1 unit (plus stake). Can only see Couture gettin a sub or TKO win either in 1st or 2nd round...would be MASSIVELY shocked if anything else occurs!

Fail:

Straddle: 1.6 units on Hardy by decision at +350 to win 5.6 units; and 1.6 units on Condit to win by decision at +650 to win 10.4 units;

Straddle: 1 unit on CB Dolloway by decision at +175, & 0.225 units on Doerkson by sub at +450;

Straddle: 2 units on Palhares at +200 to win 4 units (plus stake); and 1.15 units on Marquardt by decision at +175 to win 2 units (plus stake)

Straddle 4: 1.5 units on Ross Pearson by TKO/KO at +300 to win 4.5 units (plus stake); and 0.9 units on Ross Pearson to win by decision at +175 to win 1.575 units.

Fight Over 2.5 Rnds:

(50% Success Rate)...

Successful:

1 unit on Diaz/Noons over 2.5 rounds at -116 to win 0.862 units, and 1 unit at -122 to win 0.820 units (plus stake);

Fail:

1 unit on Lesnar/Velasquez over 2.5 rounds

Last edited by Vaughany; 10-25-10 at 08:26 AM.