Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

UFC 120 Plays Summary:

3 units on Claude Patrick at +137.5 to win 4.125 units (plus stake);

1.7 units on Vinicius 'Kappke' Quieroz at -120 to win 1.4 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Travis Browne at +200 to win 2 units (plus stake);

Straddle: 1.6 units on Hardy by decision at +350 to win 5.6 units; and 1.6 units on Condit to win by decision at +650 to win 10.4 units;

3 units on Hathaway by decision at +130 to win 3.9 units (plus stake);

2.5 units on Bisping by decision at +137.5 to win 3.438 units (plus stake);

Double prop ("Ross Pearson's Double" offer on Skybet): 0.3 units on Bisping by decision and Kongo by decision at +1400 to win 4.2 units (plus stake);

0.3 units on Diabate/Gustaffson being FOTN at +700 to win 2.1 units (plus stake);

0.1 units on Hardy/Condit being FOTN at +350 to win 0.35 units (plus stake); and

0.046 units on Cantwell/Nedkov being FOTN at +1400 to win 0.644 units (plus stake);

2 units on Wilks at +151 to win 3.020 units (plus stake);

Parlay (4 folds out of 5): 0.25 units on Maldonado, Holst, Fisher, Gustafsson, Hathaway by TKO/KO to win 4 units (plus stake);

0.122 units on Akiyama 'KO of the Night' at +800 to win 0.976 units (plus stake);

0.18 units on Pyle 'Submission of the Night' at +1400 to win 2.52 units (plus stake).
Total stake: 13.698 units (not including 1 unit on Browne which was a free bonus bet)
Total return: 13.109 units
= Loss of: 0.589 units

Not the best of nights betting wise, although not a major loss and done okay considering how many surprise outcomes occurred (Pyle by decision, Condit TKO, Kongo/Browne draw, Holst committing suicide by staying in Sass' guard!). Awesome night nonetheless seeing the fights live at O2. Was worth the high expense of a wknd in London just to see that Condit knockout! Couldnt believe it, never thought he'd knock Hardy out like tht, but was actually quite pleased as I'm a big Condit fan and even though I'm 'English' I'm starting to become less of a fan of Hardy and the Roughhouse in general due their cockiness and excuse making. Hardy looks like an absolute douchebag now after all that chat before the fight, sayin he was gonna knock Condit out and stamp his passport and send him back home! Can't believe Hathaway got dominated as well, he didnt offer anything, Pyle was better everywhere, was praying for Hathaway to tap out at the end of the second round just so tht I'd get my stake back through the Pyle by sub bet! At least Hathaway doesnt do any smack talk so its not as bad for him. Luckily, Bisping by dec, and Patrick came through -clearly shouldnt of arbed out on my Patrick bet as Wilks offered nothing from his back and should of arbed on the Kappke bet. Dude was dominating first round and start of second round thn just gassed and gave in! Ecco was right about the muscle mass being too much and effecting his cardio I reckon. My good run was bound to end at some point, hopefully can make a few units back this weekend on 121. At the moment planning on doing an Askren and Lesnar double, 2 to 3 units on Shields by decision, a unit on Schaub (waiting for the Pinnacle line to come out), possibly Stout, Hamill/Ortiz to decision, and Madsen.
Last edited by Vaughany; 10-17-10 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
At the moment planning on doing an Askren and Lesnar double
Other then hiccups from Brock and Joe Warren, I never cease to be stunned by how these Olympic level wrestlers just come into the game and step on everyone.

But you think the Shaub fight is a mark, huh? I've been staring at it, but I'm not sure how the kid holds up in a jitsu match.

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
Other then hiccups from Brock and Joe Warren, I never cease to be stunned by how these Olympic level wrestlers just come into the game and step on everyone.

But you think the Shaub fight is a mark, huh? I've been staring at it, but I'm not sure how the kid holds up in a jitsu match.
Yes thers no doubt that Gonzaga will have a big advantage on the ground, however, I'm not sure how Gonzaga will get this to the ground and even if he did Schaub is quite adept at getting back to his feet. Gonzaga isnt an explosive wrestler so isnt going to take Schaub down from a shot, he maybe able to get him down from the clinch against the cage or something but Schaub will have reach and height advantage. Of course Gonzaga could clip him in the stand-up and thn finish it on the ground thn. I just think with his reach and reasonable boxing ability, combined with Gonzaga's decreasing mobility and speed, Schaub should have the advantage in the stand-up. I may just go for the prop bet Schaub by TKO/KO as I dont think its going to go to decision and he surely wont submit Gonzaga.

Vaughany, I'm with you on the Schaub by TKO/KO bet. He will NOT sub Gonzaga for sure, and it's hard to imagine a decision. In a combined 23 professional fights for these two there has not been one decision. If you think Schaub's gonna take it, then go with TKO/KO for better value. Gonzaga's a little harder to predict because he could win by TKO/KO or Sub, but I'd have to lean towards TKO/KO with him as well. For my money, Schaub's ability to stay on the feet is too good, especially when you consider Gonzaga's very average takedowns. Combine that with Gonzaga's vulnerable chin and you've got to like Schaub to finish him with strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
Vaughany, I'm with you on the Schaub by TKO/KO bet. He will NOT sub Gonzaga for sure, and it's hard to imagine a decision. In a combined 23 professional fights for these two there has not been one decision. If you think Schaub's gonna take it, then go with TKO/KO for better value. Gonzaga's a little harder to predict because he could win by TKO/KO or Sub, but I'd have to lean towards TKO/KO with him as well. For my money, Schaub's ability to stay on the feet is too good, especially when you consider Gonzaga's very average takedowns. Combine that with Gonzaga's vulnerable chin and you've got to like Schaub to finish him with strikes.
I might even jus go for Schaub KO of the NIght at better odds as I dont foresee many TKO/KO's in this event.

Quote Originally Posted by ddream1 View Post
hard to argue those picks sir, bol
Cheers bro!

Additional 121 Play:

2.5 units on Hamill/Ortiz to decision at Evens to win 2.5 units (plus stake).

Glad I got this play at evens as it has fallen to -110 already on Paddypower and the Sanchez/Thiago to decision prop has fallen to -120.

Quote Originally Posted by lasker View Post
-110 is still a steal compared to 5dimes. Hamill/Ortiz to decision is -195 on 5dimes. Damn I wish I could set up an account with the European books.
Ha makes me feel even better about my prop bets, cheers!

Added:

0.3 units on Schaub "KO of the Night" at +700 to win 2.1 units (plus stake).

More UFC 121 Plays:

Straddle: 2 units on Shields by decision at +175; 0.365 units on Kampmann by decision at +550; & 0.365 units on Shields "Submission of the Night" at +650. Will makes just over 2 units if Shields wins by decision, and will get overall stake (2.73 units) back if Kampmann wins by decision or Shields get sub of the night;

1.635 units on Cote/Lawlor to decision at -110 to win 1.486 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Stout/Taylor "Fight of the Night" at +600 to win 6 units (plus stake).
Last edited by Vaughany; 10-21-10 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Additional plays added.

Summary of UFC 121 Plays:

Straddle: 2 units on Shields by decision at +175; 0.365 units on Kampmann by decision at +550; & 0.365 units on Shields "Submission of the Night" at +650. Will makes just over 2 units if Shields wins by decision, and will get overall stake (2.73 units) back if Kampmann wins by decision or Shields get sub of the night;

2.5 units on Hamill/Ortiz to decision at Evens to win 2.5 units (plus stake);

2.5 units on Sanchez/P.Thiago to decision at Evens to win 2.5 units (plus stake);

2 units on Camozzi at +120 to win 2.4 units (plus stake).

1.635 units on Cote/Lawlor to decision at -110 to win 1.486 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Stout/Taylor "Fight of the Night" at +600 to win 6 units (plus stake);

1 unit on Lesnar/Velasquez Over 2.5 Rounds at +151 to win 1.51 units (plus stake);

0.284 units on Cote/Lawlor "Fight of the Night" at +700 to win 1.99 units (plus stake);

0.3 units on Schaub "KO of the Night" at +700 to win 2.1 units (plus stake);

0.1 units on Cote "KO of the Night" at +1600 to win 1.6 units (plus stake).

That should be my lot for the night, decided to resist betting on Lesnar or Velasquez to win, I think Brock should win it but I'm expecting it to go to at least 3rd round just because of how tough and resilient they both are. Just put a couple hundred of betpoints on Brown Pride for banter! BOL to all
Last edited by Vaughany; 10-23-10 at 06:55 AM.