Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco01 View Post
I haven't seen any Toney/Randy props thrown in your parlays. Nothing striking your fancy?
Yee got a play on Couture in Rnd 1 (got him at +200, now down to -175 or something silly!) and Rnd 2 (as back up at 10/3), my plays for tonight wer pretty high up on the page so I'll post them again:

UFC 118 Plays:

2 units on Florian/Maynard going the distance to win 1.45 units (plus stake);

Straddle 1 (of sorts): 1 unit on Couture winning in Rnd 1 to win 2 units (plus stake), and 0.3 units on Couture winning in Rnd 2 to win 1 unit (plus stake). Can only see Couture gettin a sub or TKO win either in 1st or 2nd round...would be MASSIVELY shocked if anything else occurs!

Straddle 2: 0.5 units on Edgar by decision to win 2.250 units (plus stake); and 0.3 units on Penn by submission to win 0.6 units (plus stake);

0.5 units on Florian and Pearson to win 1.1 units (plus stake);

0.1 units on Miranda winning by TKO/KO to win 0.4 units (plus stake);

Parlay (Trebles from 5 to win): 0.5 units on Mir, Pearson, Miranda, Osipczak & Vega to win 3 units (plus stake) if all 5 win.

Also have the following parlays that I did a while back:

0.31 units on Pearson, Florian and Diaz to win 0.75 units (plus stake);

0.15 units on Warren (won), Ellenberger (won), Jones (won), Fitch (won), Penn, & Maynard. Need 4 out of 6 to at least win the stake back, and will win 1.23 units if Maynard and Penn both win;

0.19 units on Wanderlei Silva (void), Stevenson (void), Howard (lost), Jones (won), Schaub (won), Cristiane Santos (won), & Edgar. Need 5 out of 7 to win something back;

Parlay: Alves (lost), Dos Santos (won), Bisping, Hamill, Lesnar, Florian, Shields, Hathaway, & Varner (8 folds from 9) to win 3.25 units.

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
those compustrikes comparisons and info like that, that you dig up is very helpful, appreciate it if you keep doing that
No worries, not had much time to research as much for 118 as I usually do as Im trying to get a 15000 word thesis done for next week! Soon as that's done I'll have plenty of time to do some serious research for future events!

UFC 118: Penn rumoured to have trained only three sessions a week

By Gareth A Davies Boxing and MMA Last updated: August 28th, 2010
7 Comments Comment on this article
The rumour mill has been in full swing at UFC 118 here in Boston this week. The soundings from some areas were that BJ Penn, attempting to regain his UFC lightweight title, had only been able to train three times a week.
Secondary rumours were that he was having difficulty cutting to 155lbs. In fairness, he looked solid at yesterday’s weigh-in. He had Frankie Edgar had a fine stare-down and were a little lost for words when Joe Rogan asked them a few questions after the face-off.
Gareth A Davies joins the ESPN MMA Live crew Jon Anik, Rashad Evans and Stefan Bonnar for the UFC 118 Weigh-in Special from the TG Arena, Boston Click here to watch the show.
It appears that Randy Couture even felt like a two hour workout last night, a sign, perhaps, that he is taking James Toney as an extended training session. Toney looked big at the weigh-in. Big and bulgey. Not good. His cardio will be brought into question within a couple of minutes in this fight, unless he gets the lucky strike.
There are also those pouring cold water on the notion that Toney had been grappling with Mo Lawal, and that it may have been a ruse. Indeed, Lawal, at one point, had said he had been choked out by Toney. We’ll get the form in a few hours.
Major news for the UK relating to the UFC is also forthcoming for this week sometime, I’m told. I have not been party to the details, but I understand it could be seismic.

if you bet on both and it goes to a decision, then you win both. but if the fight ends after 2.5 rounds like someone ko's in the last 30 seconds, then you'll win the over 2.5 but lose the fight goes distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirar Baseball View Post
How different are these two bets:

1) Over 2,5 rounds
and
2) Fight to go 3 round distance

Odds on 2) were 10-15% better than 1) so I would assume a bet on 1) always wins when a bet on 2) wins... and in some other scenarios?

What are these scenarios - when does bet 1) is a winner but bet 2) is a loser?

Summary of last night's results (UFC 118 Plays):

2 units on Florian/Maynard going the distance to win 1.45 units (plus stake); + 1.45 units

Straddle 1 (of sorts): 1 unit on Couture winning in Rnd 1 to win 2 units (plus stake), and 0.3 units on Couture winning in Rnd 2 to win 1 unit (plus stake). Can only see Couture gettin a sub or TKO win either in 1st or 2nd round...would be MASSIVELY shocked if anything else occurs! + 2 units

Straddle 2: 0.5 units on Edgar by decision to win 2.250 units (plus stake); and 0.3 units on Penn by submission to win 0.6 units (plus stake); + 2.250 units

0.5 units on Florian and Pearson to win 1.1 units (plus stake); - 0.5 units

0.1 units on Miranda winning by TKO/KO to win 0.4 units (plus stake); - 0.1 units

Parlay (Trebles from 5 to win): 0.5 units on Mir, Pearson, Miranda, Osipczak & Vega to win 3 units (plus stake) if all 5 win. (STILL PENDING)

Also have the following parlays that I did a while back:

0.31 units on Pearson, Florian and Diaz to win 0.75 units (plus stake); - 0.31 units

0.15 units on Warren (won), Ellenberger (won), Jones (won), Fitch (won), Penn, & Maynard. Need 4 out of 6 to at least win the stake back, and will win 1.23 units if Maynard and Penn both win; + 0.35 units

0.19 units on Wanderlei Silva (void), Stevenson (void), Howard (lost), Jones (won), Schaub (won), Cristiane Santos (won), & Edgar. Need 5 out of 7 to win something back; + 0.06 units

0.28 units (sixfolds from 8 to win) on: Lauzon, Maia, Pierce, Winner, Salter, BJ Penn, Pearson, & Doerksen - to win 8 units plus stake (if all 8 win). - 0.28 units

Parlay: 0.15 units on Alves (lost), Dos Santos (won), Bisping, Hamill, Lesnar, Florian (lost), Shields, Hathaway, & Varner (8 folds from 9) to win 3.25 units. - 0.15 units

Overall stake: 5.78 units (not including 0.5 units for pending parlay - Mir, Pearson, Vega, Osipzcak, Miranda).

Profit: + 6.11 units

Overall return (including stake): 9.95 units (not including 0.5 units for pending parlay).

Good night overall...biggest plays were Florian/Maynard prop and both straddles (Edgar by dec/BJ by sub; and Couture in Rnd 1/ Couture in Rnd 2) and they all worked out . Won some units back from a couple of parlays as well, and still have parlay pending involving Mir and Pearson, tho Osipcak and Miranda losing tht one ruined that parlay from being a potential big winner. Very glad I resisted puttin single bets on Osipzcak, Winner and Miranda! So including the Bellator 26 winnings from the other night (3-0) + 0.45 units (plus stake of 0.4 units) I have made 6.56 units.
Last edited by Vaughany; 08-29-10 at 05:55 AM.