Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Added:

0.25 units on Lytle by submission at 2/1 (straddle with Brown by decision at 7/1)

0.25 units on Grove at 6/5

0.5 units on Madsen at 6/5

0.5 units on Leben at 7/4 (straddle with Akiyama by decision at 3/1)

0.5 units on Soszynski/Bonnar going the distance at Evens
Last edited by Vaughany; 07-01-10 at 02:11 PM.

ha yee more risk but I've been a lot more successful with prop bets than I have with predicting winners or parlays! My last successful night was when I bet on Bisping by decision and Rashad by decision!

Check out Hardy's predictions for 116:
http://www.bjpenn.com/video/dan-hard...-ufc-120-fight

He sees Carwin and Leben as "safe" bets. Like him or hate him, Hardy has great MMA knowledge and understanding, he usually gets 75% of his picks correct. He was top of the Telegraph's (newspaper) UFC prediction competition last time I looked!

Final picks summary for UFC116:

0.25 units on Lytle by submission at 2/1 (straddle with Brown by decision at 7/1)

0.25 units on Grove at 6/5

0.5 units on Madsen at 6/5

0.5 units on Leben at 7/4 (straddle with Akiyama by decision at 3/1)

0.5 units on Soszynski/Bonnar going the distance at Evens

1 unit on Sotiropolous/Pellegrino going the distance at 6/5

0.5 units on Akiyama by decision at 3/1

0.5 units on Brown by decision at 7/1

0.15 units (Fourfolds from 5) on Soszynski, Schaub, Roberts, Romero and Lytle

0.15 units on Carwin at 11/10

BOL all!

Cheers bro, ended up almost doubling my stake...from a total risk of 3.8 units I ended up with 6.1 units so pretty good. Yep Soszynski pulled my pants down! Ruined what could of been a perfect night...still got the stake back and a little bit more from the parlay as it was 4 out of 5 folds bet, but lost 0.5 units on their fight not going to decision....was the one bet I was least confident about and a stupid one in hindsight as it was only Evens odds to go to decision which isn't great value for a prop bet...especially on Paddypower and when its 2 dudes who just slug it out. Only other pick I lost on was Carwin but tht was a very low 0.15 units so no problem. All my other prop bets and straddles came through, shame Brown didn't win by decision which would of made my night a lot more lucrative, but luckily I had Lytle by submission so still got some profit from tht straddle. Same with Akiyama vs Leben, would of won a bit more if Akiyama had of won by decision but still won a bit anyway as I had a straddle with Leben winning. Sotiropolous/Pellegrino going to decision was my best bet...should of really used the stake from the Sos/Bonnar prop bet on tht aswell...was pretty certain it was gonna go to decision. All 3 underdog picks came through as well in Grove, Madsen and Leben. Underdogs and prop bets are definitely the future! Awesome event tho!

Cheers squire! Looking forward to UFC117 now. Probly wont have many plays on the Fight Night as cant do prop bets on paddypower for non-pay per view events. Gonna unload big either on Fitch/Alves to decision, or a straddle of Alves to win and Fitch by decision depending on which option has best value. Also very confident that Almeida vs Hughes will go to decision so big play ther.