Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hemminger View Post
I watched that for the first time a few months back. Very different type of film. Scarlet Johansson does some incredible voice acting and Joaquim Phoenix is excellent. It's not for everyone, but I enjoyed it very much.

I was on a huge movie kick a few months back. I think everyone should see Memento by Christopher Nolan, one of my favorites.
Her is an absolutely phenomenal film, beautiful and poignant. It made me quite uncomfortable in parts, in a good way, and I really appreciated the honest sentimentality of it all. It's one of the best films I've seen in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hemminger View Post
I watched that for the first time a few months back. Very different type of film. Scarlet Johansson does some incredible voice acting and Joaquim Phoenix is excellent. It's not for everyone, but I enjoyed it very much.

I was on a huge movie kick a few months back. I think everyone should see Memento by Christopher Nolan, one of my favorites.

Christopher Nolan is perhaps the most overrated director currently working. Not a single one of his movies make any goddamn sense at all if you think about them. The constant exposition, hackneyed dialogue, plot holes. Don't know why he gets so much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
Her is an absolutely phenomenal film, beautiful and poignant. It made me quite uncomfortable in parts, in a good way, and I really appreciated the honest sentimentality of it all. It's one of the best films I've seen in quite some time.

I enjoyed it as well.

Have you seen Under The Skin yet? In a lot of ways its the opposite of Her (also starring Scarlet). It haunted me the same way that Upstream Color has. I read the book the day after watching the film (which is a rarity for me, I usually read the book or watch the movie, not both), and enjoyed it as well, although outside of the setup they have absolutely nothing to do with eachother. The book was a bit preachier and didn't seem to know how to end.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Bava gave NunyaBidness 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
I enjoyed it as well.

Have you seen Under The Skin yet? In a lot of ways its the opposite of Her (also starring Scarlet). It haunted me the same way that Upstream Color has. I read the book the day after watching the film (which is a rarity for me, I usually read the book or watch the movie, not both), and enjoyed it as well, although outside of the setup they have absolutely nothing to do with eachother. The book was a bit preachier and didn't seem to know how to end.
No, I'm not familiar with it. I'll see if I can find a torrent.

Christopher Nolan is perhaps the most overrated director currently working. Not a single one of his movies make any goddamn sense at all if you think about them. The constant exposition, hackneyed dialogue, plot holes. Don't know why he gets so much credit.
I second this. Wasnt impressed by Inception at all

Because he makes movies that make dumb people feel smart. Inception and Interstellar being prominent examples. He also has insane budgets, and can set some quite bombastic scenes. That's his strength as a director. He can set a scene real well.. But yes a lot of his films are a mess.
Dark Knight was awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Just watch it on putlocker
Yep.. Just remember to hit the resolution button and go to 720 or higher in the bottom right corner before viewing for the best picture quality available..

The most recent films though are recorded in movie theaters off a camcorder.. Don't waste your time even watching those.. Horrible picture and sound quality.. Usually gotta wait a few months til after they are out of the theaters to get a quality movie view on Putlocker..

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
I honestly think Insomnia is the most cohesive Nolan movie. Memento is his best, but Insomnia felt more like a complete film than any of his others.
Never saw his version. I would guess it's his best film because he had the source to work from.

As V said, I liked the Prestige quite a bit as well. And I like Memento for what it is, but it doesn't hold up well if you remove the narrative technique.

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
Because he makes movies that make dumb people feel smart. Inception and Interstellar being prominent examples. He also has insane budgets, and can set some quite bombastic scenes. That's his strength as a director. He can set a scene real well.. But yes a lot of his films are a mess.
Dark Knight was awesome though.
Agree completely. People saying Interstellar is 2001 for this generation is insulting.

He takes his films to all these places and then does the least interesting things with them. Inception, you've got this idea about entering people's dreams, so you use it to stage gun fights in warehouses? Interstellar, a guy has been alone on a spaceship for some number of years having no idea when his compatriots are going to return, and nothing but lip service is paid to it? His story is far more interesting than what happens on the planet.