Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
Very, very good film. Definitely worth watching, surprisingly good script.
Yeah, thought it would be rubbish, but excellent, deserved more in the awards season last years.

Anyone else into documentaries? Probably my favorite genre. Saw a brutal one last night, "Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son about His Father" If that film doesn't make you cry, you should probably be locked up as a potential psychopath.

Saw Unbroken a couple of days ago. Was decent, not great. Terrific ending, however. Would've been much more enjoyable if I hadn't seen the trailer, so I'd recommend avoiding the trailer if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
Yeah, thought it would be rubbish, but excellent, deserved more in the awards season last years.

Anyone else into documentaries? Probably my favorite genre. Saw a brutal one last night, "Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son about His Father" If that film doesn't make you cry, you should probably be locked up as a potential psychopath.

Saw Unbroken a couple of days ago. Was decent, not great. Terrific ending, however. Would've been much more enjoyable if I hadn't seen the trailer, so I'd recommend avoiding the trailer if you can.
If you want a documentary that is infinitely fascinating, but not heartbreaking, I recommend Jiro Dreams Of Sushi. Insane film.

Check out the Act of Killing, pretty fascinating look into the minds of a war criminal.. Totally detached from reality.

For the record I don't think Clockwork is overrated, more like overhyped, due to the violence and fuk the system type message, a lot of idiots will gravitate towards it. It doesn't capture the book very well, but otherwise it's a great great movie.

haha yeah the trailer pretty much gave every key moment away! Jack O'Connell is a decent English actor

I thought it was a movie about a pervy director who couldn't get laid?

The novella that its based on is slightly more realistic, without that silly ass cult shit in the middle.
Simple minded buffoon. That "silly ass cult shit" is what the movie was about. It went completely over your head. You are third eye blind. As are all of the unwashed masses. Let me put it to you this way. You have eyes wide shut! In other words! You are still inside the matrix! If you still know not of what I speak. Then perhaps you will understand this. You are in Plato's Cave! Just as it was true during Plato's time. It is still true today. In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

The profane cannot see.
Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-16-15 at 05:09 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Hugh locks a retard boy perv in a box and tortures him to speak about what he has done with his missing daughter.. Kinda blows but not as bad as Life of Walter Smitty...

Both I'd pass on personally if I had the chance to do it all over again.....

I just saw "Edge of Tomorrow" with Tom Cruise the other day.. I thought it was decent and it kept me entertained from start to finish for sure.. Keeps you thinking..

http://io9.com/the-10-best-and-10-wo...-mo-1672135627
But Prisoners doesnt?! There really isn't much thinking to Edge of Tomorrow once you've seen him time-loop the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
Sex, like all things, has whatever worth you assign to it. Some people value sex in such a way that they only want to have sex with their partner, and they only want their partner to have sex with them. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I don't like casual sex at all. I find it empty and boring, but that's just me.
I like smart-casual sex

Dr. Strangelove and Lolita are by far his best films. Lolita is such a great script, it somehow captures the feel of the book completely while missing so many of the scenes (scripted by Nabakov). The Lyne remake somehow includes all the scenes that couldn't be shown in 1962 but doesn't have the same feeling whatsoever.

Eyes Wide Shut is by far his worst film, IMO. Clockwork Orange is his most overrated.
Tht film is terrible. watched a film called the retrieval yesterday. really good western.
Last edited by marzwoody; 12-18-14 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
Good.. cover your bases is all i'm sayin'. Especially when kids get involved. Woman is genetically engineered to have their feelings of love transfer to their offspring, then suck the male dry for sustenance, leaving them an empty husk, devoid life, soul and cash (<- that is you in this scenario Napster)
kilin me

funny cos its true!