Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
Good.. cover your bases is all i'm sayin'. Especially when kids get involved. Woman is genetically engineered to have their feelings of love transfer to their offspring, then suck the male dry for sustenance, leaving them an empty husk, devoid life, soul and cash (<- that is you in this scenario Napster)
You and MD "link up" much on your side of the pond?

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
Worth watching?
Hugh locks a retard boy perv in a box and tortures him to speak about what he has done with his missing daughter.. Kinda blows but not as bad as Life of Walter Smitty...

Both I'd pass on personally if I had the chance to do it all over again.....

I just saw "Edge of Tomorrow" with Tom Cruise the other day.. I thought it was decent and it kept me entertained from start to finish for sure.. Keeps you thinking..

http://io9.com/the-10-best-and-10-wo...-mo-1672135627
Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-17-14 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
What is the GOAT Kubrick film? I though 2001 was okay not great. Eyes Wide Shut is his masterpiece.
Dr. Strangelove and Lolita are by far his best films. Lolita is such a great script, it somehow captures the feel of the book completely while missing so many of the scenes (scripted by Nabakov). The Lyne remake somehow includes all the scenes that couldn't be shown in 1962 but doesn't have the same feeling whatsoever.

Eyes Wide Shut is by far his worst film, IMO. Clockwork Orange is his most overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Indeed.

The opening scene with him cruising around teying to evade the police with the two thieves in the back whilst Chromatics' "Tick of the Clock" plays in the background is terrific
Yep. I remember sitting in the theatre, knowing nothing about the film, and about 90 seconds into the opening thinking, 'I'm about to see something really special.'

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
Shining is very good. Watched the doc on it too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2085910/

Very good.

I watched Eyes wide shut about 5 times. To get the meaning. Or one of the meanings. It shows you women, or money no matter how much you get it is not happiness or fulfillment.

You show me a broad that is a 10 I can show you a guy who is tired of fucking her. It is all about what you cant obtain.

The guy in the movie is a Doctor with a beautiful apartment, a child and a wife. But he still feels inferior to the navy guy. So he seeks more and more and more.
I thought it was a movie about a pervy director who couldn't get laid?

The novella that its based on is slightly more realistic, without that silly ass cult shit in the middle.