Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
Wow I thought 2001 was considered Kubricks number 1 film. I agree Kubrick is p4p number 1. Eyes wide shut for my tastes has the most haunting imagery and so many points it makes. I wont even get into the christmas tree imagery and the significance of the bear at the end of the film. Also pay attention to the two japanese business men. They tie in to the bear at the end of the film and the likely future of his daughter.

It's hard for me to watch full metal so I will take your word for it. Watch Eyes Wide Shut and read some of the Rob Agers and other essays online about the film. It has truly changed my expectation from females and what the relationship is truly for and the utility both can get out of it.

Mirin what do you think of my idea of a cheat day to get around worrying about loyalty and yet steer away from open relationships?
I will rewatch Eyes wide, saw it a long time ago not exactly at my senses full capacity.

I think Monogamy is a very unnatural concept - one thats only kept due to consumerism and money. The wedding industry is a billion dollar behemoth, and it encourages consuming and procreation which in turn leads to more spending, thus more money in circulation, thus ways for the empowered to stay in power.
The cheat day idea is not bad, but I'm not sure how it will work in practice.. You know how fickle humans can be, and maybe one would be alright with it for starters, but jealousy would come into play later. I do encourage being more open in the relationship though - especially I would imagine as the flames die down and you become more accustomed to / used to each other, as I think that will keep those flames burning longer. I for one gotta get out of the relationship as soon as I get bored of the person. I have a sneaking suspension that people in 'succesful' marriages usually cheat once in a while. That's what I have gleamed from talking to dudes at least, and i'm sure woman is the same way.

I'm not sure I could consent to it, but if it happens, I'm non the wiser, and it keeps the SO happy.. ey, maybe it isn't such a bad thing. I haven't been in a lot of proper relationships though, so i might not be the best one to ask. I do think the whole cheating thing is vastly overhyped... It's just sex after all. You can still love the other person dearly, but just need something else.. I guess sex is seen as the deeply spiritual thing you share with your SO, but damn man, we aren't living in a movie here.. sex is disgusting but gratifying, and it shouldn't be the basis of ones relationship in my experience, if so, it will die quickly. In short, yes I think having sex with others is healthy for a relationship. Or maybe relationships is meant to be a ships passing in the night sort of deal. Let that sh1t burn hard and bright, then fade away. That's how mine has been anyway.

Back in the day in caveman times, there where no such things as relationships, if the cavebro wanted snu-snu, you made snu-snu, and the whole tribe lived together, the woman raised the children and the men hunted and build things. I think that's the most natural way to live, and the way the human brain is still programmed to live to this day. Bear in mind, this mechanic only changed tops 3-4000 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
I'm not sure I could consent to it, but if it happens, I'm non the wiser, and it keeps the SO happy.. ey, maybe it isn't such a bad thing. I haven't been in a lot of proper relationships though, so i might not be the best one to ask. I do think the whole cheating thing is vastly overhyped... It's just sex after all. You can still love the other person dearly, but just need something else.. I guess sex is seen as the deeply spiritual thing you share with your SO, but damn man, we aren't living in a movie here.. sex is disgusting but gratifying, and it shouldn't be the basis of ones relationship in my experience, if so, it will die quickly.
Sex, like all things, has whatever worth you assign to it. Some people value sex in such a way that they only want to have sex with their partner, and they only want their partner to have sex with them. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I don't like casual sex at all. I find it empty and boring, but that's just me.

Yes, that was one thing i wanted to touch on, until it became a wall of text.. Everybody is very different. I know of people that would rip ones throat out for suggesting what sider did, or on the other spectrum, I had sex with some dudes girlfriend with his consent last summer.. Strange shiet, what ever floats your boat though, find what works for you. I find that often the sex is much better when it has something behind it, I'm not a slave to it either, my roommate would literally fuk anything, animals, humans that look like animals, no fks given, he just needs the release. Not a bad looking guy either.
I have seen more relationships work out with more relaxed approach to sex though, that's for sure.

Good.. cover your bases is all i'm sayin'. Especially when kids get involved. Woman is genetically engineered to have their feelings of love transfer to their offspring, then suck the male dry for sustenance, leaving them an empty husk, devoid life, soul and cash (<- that is you in this scenario Napster)
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Vaughany gave mirinquads 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.