Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
What is the GOAT Kubrick film? I though 2001 was okay not great. Eyes Wide Shut is his masterpiece.
It's no longer on youtube but if you can find it watch Kubrick's Odyssey & Kubrick's Odyssey 02. Here is an old interview of the man who created the documentary.

Last edited by Ron_Paul_2012; 12-17-14 at 06:49 PM.

Wow I thought 2001 was considered Kubricks number 1 film. I agree Kubrick is p4p number 1. Eyes wide shut for my tastes has the most haunting imagery and so many points it makes. I wont even get into the christmas tree imagery and the significance of the bear at the end of the film. Also pay attention to the two japanese business men. They tie in to the bear at the end of the film and the likely future of his daughter.

It's hard for me to watch full metal so I will take your word for it. Watch Eyes Wide Shut and read some of the Rob Agers and other essays online about the film. It has truly changed my expectation from females and what the relationship is truly for and the utility both can get out of it.

Mirin what do you think of my idea of a cheat day to get around worrying about loyalty and yet steer away from open relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post

This film is a motherfuker too.. Introduced a lot of elements we see widely used in cinema today, and every shot is cinematographically perfect basically. Interesting to see how his film changed over the years with experience. Gotta admit though, I'm a philistine and have not watched 2001 yet.
100% agree. One of the most underrated films ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
Wow I thought 2001 was considered Kubricks number 1 film. I agree Kubrick is p4p number 1. Eyes wide shut for my tastes has the most haunting imagery and so many points it makes. I wont even get into the christmas tree imagery and the significance of the bear at the end of the film. Also pay attention to the two japanese business men. They tie in to the bear at the end of the film and the likely future of his daughter.

It's hard for me to watch full metal so I will take your word for it. Watch Eyes Wide Shut and read some of the Rob Agers and other essays online about the film. It has truly changed my expectation from females and what the relationship is truly for and the utility both can get out of it.

Mirin what do you think of my idea of a cheat day to get around worrying about loyalty and yet steer away from open relationships?
Can you explain?

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
Can you explain?
You should watch the film, I think you'd like it. Probably a good decision to skip 2001; it's worth a watch some time, but I don't think it's something you'd enjoy (and I don't mean that as a thinly-veiled insult.)