Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
I have watched The Shining like 10 times. ashamed to say i have never watched 2001.
Shining is very good. Watched the doc on it too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2085910/

Very good.

I watched Eyes wide shut about 5 times. To get the meaning. Or one of the meanings. It shows you women, or money no matter how much you get it is not happiness or fulfillment.

You show me a broad that is a 10 I can show you a guy who is tired of fucking her. It is all about what you cant obtain.

The guy in the movie is a Doctor with a beautiful apartment, a child and a wife. But he still feels inferior to the navy guy. So he seeks more and more and more.
Last edited by Keyboard Warrior; 12-17-14 at 06:01 PM.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

marzwoody gave Keyboard Warrior 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

i also think Kubrick says a lot about the human relationship between sexes and monogamy. Studies suggest the female human is serial monogamous. Kubrick does not believe this. I also don't believe it. The human female is closer the songbird. She cheats to avoid possible inbreeding.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/li.../l_016_07.html

I think worrying about a female staying loyal is wasted energy. Open relationships also dont work. I think allowing one cheat day a year is the healthiest way to live without unnecessary drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
Oldboy is GOAT of asian cinema. anyone agree? followed by Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
I haven't watched the other in the series, but Oldboy is indeed up there as one of the better films of all time. I think Seven Samurai could be rated more highly though. Audition had some seriously haunting imaginary, when he crawls out of the bag.. damn son.
Watch Battle Royale.. Not on the same scale as the other films, but was loving that shit. Had an anime feel to it. Wouldn't wipe my ass with the PG-13 remake piece of shiet Hunger Games.

Dr. Strangelove might be my favorite Kubrick film that shiet's funny as fuark. Clockwork Orange as well... Then again Full Metal Jacket is a master piece as well. Very distinct film kubrickesque humor in that as well. Dude was a true master in filmmaking, even though he's crazy as fuk.

No wait actually:

This film is a motherfuker too.. Introduced a lot of elements we see widely used in cinema today, and every shot is cinematographically perfect basically. Interesting to see how his film changed over the years with experience. Gotta admit though, I'm a philistine and have not watched 2001 yet.