Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
OK. Fair enough. I believe I was in a great mood when I watched it. May have influenced my perception of the movie. Then again. Maybe not. Hey marz. What is your favorite movie of all time?
i think its a movie like Drive in tht you either love it or hate it.
Regardless of the movie as a whole though, i dont see how anybody can not be blown away by Gyllenhaal's performance in it

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
I don't complain about anything. poking fun or giving your opinion about something isn't complaining MD.
Exactly. Ya know marz. People on this sub section need to grow up & get thicker skin. All the crying & belly aching is pathetic. Just take a look in the SBR Politics & Economics section. It's no holds barred! A guy like MD wouldn't last 3 minutes in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Nightcrawler (as well as Gyllenhaal's other recent movies like Enemy and End of Watch) are almost the complete opposite of that which is why its so good! Its budget of approx 8 mill was miniscule compared to big hollywood movies and was filmed in space of a month
I loved End of Watch! still need to see Enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
Haven't seen yet. What did you find so terrible about it?
Everything. unrealistic characters. unrealistic social interaction and fight scenes. if you like music playing while a dude and women awkwardly stare at each for 10 minutes at a time then go watch Drive.

My bullshit meter went of the charts watching that. just the way the characters interact with each-other is not the way people interact in real life. not sure if they were trying to appeal to socially awkward nerds who think the main character is "cool" or what.
Last edited by marzwoody; 12-16-14 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
Everything. unrealistic characters. unrealistic social interaction and fight scenes. if you like music playing while a dude and women awkwardly stare at each for 10 minutes at a time then go watch Drive.
I don't think you understand the appeal of Drive at all. It's not for people whose favourite film is, say, the Expendables. The payoff isn't necessarily in the story, it's the package as a whole. It's an extremely complete film which utilizes every area of filmmaking in a brilliant harmony to create the desired aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
I don't think you understand the appeal of Drive at all. It's not for people whose favourite film is, say, the Expendables. The payoff isn't necessarily in the story, it's the package as a whole. It's an extremely complete film which utilizes every area of filmmaking in a brilliant harmony to create the desired aesthetic.
No your right about that. it is for Hipsters, who ignore any form of realistic behaviour for the artsy feel of how the camera pans out and that retro music.

The film was dog shit. and it doesen't surprise me in the slightest you would think its a masterpiece.

I have better things to with my time then watch terrible acting and awkward unrealistic social interaction.

Actually annoys me anyone could think that film is good.

End of discussion.