Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Parlay (double): Matt Wiman (-200) & Luke Barnatt (-320)... (To win 2.5 unitz)...

My super-secret sources have informed me tht Handsome Matt Wiman has in fact been training at the Rose City Fight Club in Oregon. This is a reasonably new gym tht was set up by Ryan Lowe and Mike Pierce. Other fighters there include Pat and Ryan Healy, Tyson Nam, Ian Loveland, and ed herman has spent some time there. So very much a wrestling-centric gym, but also rather basic.
Last edited by Vaughany; 11-19-14 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Parlay (double): Matt Wiman (-200) & Luke Barnatt (-320)... (To win 2.5 unitz)...

My super-secret sources have informed me tht Handsome Matt Wiman has in fact been training at the Rose City Fight Club in Oregon. This is a reasonably new gym tht was set up by Ryan Lowe and Mike Pierce. Other fighters there include Pat and Ryan Healy, Tyson Nam, Ian Loveland, and ed herman has spent some time there. So very much a wrestling-centric gym, but also rather basic.

Post #22 on the event thread.. Stop tailing me V.. Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by areallycoolguy View Post
in your exp is oddshark much better? i wanna find the quickest updating one
not sure which is quickest. i like the sbr odds because they turn red when line moves. havent used oddshark much. all of them are a lil behind. sometimes the price is dif than wht bfo shows and takes a few mins to update. and sometimes new lines wont show up on bfo for a lil while. bfo is prob best tho because it has alerts and props

Kailin Curran @ +135 against Paige VanZant... (Risk 2.5 unitz)

Trains at Reign with Jessica Penne and managed by Ryan Parsons. Van Zant was training wit the manlets at Alpha Male but had two bulging discs so had to return to Vegas and live with parents so she could afford the necessary surgery. Should bear in mind that this was in August so not too long ago.

While in Reno she trains her BJJ at "FranktheTankFitness" (yes that is really the name of the gym!) "Frank" is a former soldier who has a purple belt in bjj I believe. Her main gym in Reno is the Reno Academy of Fighting. Again it is small with limited / zero decent level sparring partners. The owner/coach is Rick Collup who had a 1-7 record as a HW pro losing to Jason Lambert and Dan severn back in the day! His wife does zumba there and his young daughter is a coach! So ultimately she hasnt been training with the same level of guys over past few months as she has done earlier in the year at Alpha Male.

She also nearly ended up on current Tuf but wasnt old enough so ufc jus gave her a contract anyway! Happily take the plus money on Curran, wouldnt be surprised if it ends up a pick-em.
Last edited by Vaughany; 11-20-14 at 04:06 PM.