Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
Would love to play a game decathlon against MD and Nunya.

I once won 52 games in a row of Monopoly as a kid. I had figured out pretty much every optimized move while playing against 10 years old. They didn't have a hope.
I'm pretty good at connect four.

Would play you anytime.

Would love to play a game decathlon against MD and Nunya.

I once won 52 games in a row of Monopoly as a kid. I had figured out pretty much every optimized move while playing against 10 years old. They didn't have a hope.
I'm down. Monopoly as a kid was one of the first times I realized I was smarter than everyone I knew, there were a couple things that seemed so obvious to me that no one seemed to get.

My real board game passion right now is Scrabble though. I'm planning on entering a few tournaments this year. I know I won't be able to compete against the guys who spend all days memorizing the dictionary, but I think I'd hold my own in opening rounds. For the most part scrabble isn't a word game, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
I'm down. Monopoly as a kid was one of the first times I realized I was smarter than everyone I knew, there were a couple things that seemed so obvious to me that no one seemed to get.

My real board game passion right now is Scrabble though. I'm planning on entering a few tournaments this year. I know I won't be able to compete against the guys who spend all days memorizing the dictionary, but I think I'd hold my own in opening rounds. For the most part scrabble isn't a word game, anyway.
its annoying whenever you play someone who knows those stupid 2-letter words that no one has ever heard of, let alone used in actual conversation. i'd slap those focks if we were playing face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

I believe I may not own property today if it wasn't for the board game Monopoly.. Completely influenced me and planted a seed.. Was obsessed with it as a kid myself and played it almost daily with friends and family growing up.. Brilliant board game...

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
its annoying whenever you play someone who knows those stupid 2-letter words that no one has ever heard of, let alone used in actual conversation. i'd slap those focks if we were playing face to face.

The two letter words are the key to the game, tbh. Someone who knows them and basic board placing strategy will always beat someone who doesn't.

A lot of people think scrabble is a word knowledge game, but its really an attack and defense game. But, then once you know that strategy (its not too difficult) the person with the biggest vocabulary gains an advantage again.

Learned backgammon a few months ago. Great game.

I love just about every game.

Here's a couple of fun games for home parties:

Wits and Wagers
Balderdash
I like backgammon too. I challenged myself with it about 5 years ago to teach myself how to beat it without ever picking up a book. I can't beat pretty much anyone who hasn't studied it actively. It's a great game, and you can play for money online, unfortunately 99% of the people who do, cheat, so there's not much fun to be had.