Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

lol McGregor and Barnatt beefing now! Funny response by Conor on twitter... "BIGSLOWINBRED" ...

Conor McGregor, according to Luke Barnatt, is not who he appears to be thanks to social media manipulation.

Conor McGregor has 78,430 followers and counting on Twitter.
And in today's social day and age where popularity and fame can be gauged by how many "Likes" on Facebook or "Followers" one has on Twitter, that's a very impressive tally.
But, according to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight up-and-comer, Luke Barnatt, that number is deceiving because the actual amount of real people who follow "Notorious" is much lower. Indeed, Barnatt alleges that the Irishman's management team, Paradigm Sports Management, has found a creative way to artificially inflate his status.
He explains (via "The MMA Hour"):
"Paradigm is the management company that I believe that Conor McGregor is under. They have this interesting concept that they believe that your following is depicted by how many people you have on Twitter, so your whole MMA following, if you've got followers on Twitter, then obviously you're a big deal, and they find that easier to go out and get sponsorships and make you look important. So they employ this thing called Tweetbot. You pay a certain amount of money, and you get these fake followers. So they're built and they're made by a computer, and they follow certain people. If you go through the followers, the Paradigm guys, not all of them but some of them, you'll find these rival accounts that make up a lot of the percentage for people who is following. Yeah, it makes them look like they're a big deal, it makes them look like they've got lots of fans, and it makes them look important."
Holding his own with 12,847 followers, Barnatt says he isn't jealous of McGregor and actually thinks he's a cool guy. It's just the fact that "Notorious" is calling out people who are coming off losses and not in his division that irritates him.
His words:
"I'm not jealous of Conor, he's a cool guy. I've met him a few times. But, I just think if you want to be fake and you pretend like you're a big deal by getting all of these followers then calling out people like Diego Sanchez is weak, and things like that start to irritate me. If you're going to call somebody out, for one you call somebody out in your own weight division, and number two, you call somebody out who is coming off of a win. You don't call somebody out who's a loser. What's the point in that? It don't make much sense in my eyes."

Conor McGregor@TheNotoriousMMA4h
Help a TUF reject today. Give this 'BigSlowInbred' a like. He needs your help. I've more support taking a dump.

Conor McGregor@TheNotoriousMMA2 Dec
@NomsDempsey @LukeBarnatt What? Hey, Frankenstein with a pulse, maybe if you actually won TUF it would be different for you.
Last edited by Vaughany; 12-04-13 at 08:07 AM.

lol

Chalk parlay of the year!

214581445-1 12/6/13 1:39pm $200.00 $218.87 Pending 4 Team Parlay
Pending 12/6/13 10:00pm Props Fighting 1052 Fight won't start round 5 -495* vs Hunt/Silva starts round 5
Pending 12/6/13 9:00pm Props Fighting 1204 Fight won't go 3 round distance -600* vs Perosh/Bader goes 3 round distance
Pending 12/6/13 8:30pm Props Fighting 1304 Fight won't go 3 round distance -600* vs Palelei/Barry goes 3 round distance
Pending 12/28/13 11:00pm Props Fighting 1139 Rousey wins by submission -357* vs Any other result

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
damn im wishing i went bigger on Aguilar so i could have Vaughned (arbed) out of my bet for some major squids
Heh, at least you bet it. I thought the public would bet Garcia after his last two wins so I waited to see if I could get Aguilar at + money.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Beelzebubzy gave NunyaBidness 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.