Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by I_LIKE_CHEDDAR View Post
Healy is too good to pass up at +210.
-Nurma is smaller and had a questionable cut.
-Nurma has never fought a grinder like Healy, or an American wrestler for that matter.
-Healy is entering his prime and has been on a tear.
-Nurma is undefeated on paper but if you watch some of his fights, they've been extremely close. Gleison Tibau easily beat him at UFC 148 (Most MMA sites had it 30-27 for Tibau on their score cards) but the judges managed to fudge the decision.
That Tibau fight is entirely a matter of criteria. You could argue either fighter dominating the fight depending on what you score more heavily. I had it 30-27 Tibau when I first watched, and I had it 29-28 Tibau when I rewatched a few days ago. I wouldn't argue with 29-28 Nurmagomedov, though. I think that's a fair score too.

Also, Khabib by KO.

Quote Originally Posted by I_LIKE_CHEDDAR View Post
Healy is too good to pass up at +210.
-Nurma is smaller and had a questionable cut.
-Nurma has never fought a grinder like Healy, or an American wrestler for that matter.
-Healy is entering his prime and has been on a tear.
-Nurma is undefeated on paper but if you watch some of his fights, they've been extremely close. Gleison Tibau easily beat him at UFC 148 (Most MMA sites had it 30-27 for Tibau on their score cards) but the judges managed to fudge the decision.
American Wrestler is no problem for Dagestan/Chechen fighters they are all top wrestlers the best wrestlers come out of that region, that's why khabib scored 23 takedowns against the collegiate wrestler abel trujillo because american wrestlers aint got shit on north caucasus wrestlers

this will be a grind the question is will Khabib be able to take a shot, he doesn't like to get hit, he's squirrely so once he gets tagged he panics

also khabib's ground game comes into play he's very good off his back

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
im sure somewhere around u prolly say the same thing about Jury getting ragdolled. U usually cover up ur nonsense with something just in case.
Feel free to give me an example. I'm always pretty straightforward with what I say. Pick something more valid to criticize me with please.

But yeah, Jury's timing with his takedowns is incredible, and Ricci isn't exactly a master of TDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
American Wrestler is no problem for Dagestan/Chechen fighters they are all top wrestlers the best wrestlers come out of that region, that's why khabib scored 23 takedowns against the collegiate wrestler abel trujillo because american wrestlers aint got shit on north caucasus wrestlers

this will be a grind the question is will Khabib be able to take a shot
, he doesn't like to get hit, he's squirrely so once he gets tagged he panics

also khabib's ground game comes into play he's very good off his back
Disagree here. Khabib should devour Healy standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
not as confident as you are

healy surprises people
He surprises people in the clinch. His bodylock takedowns are masterful, but Nurmagomedov surprises people with his speed on the feet. Perfect example of a bad striker that can still maul most people.

What did you 'cap Khabib at?

I've been looking to fade Khabib for ages with his piss poor chin up, eyes closed defensive striking tendencies. However, I don't see Healy as having any hope of exploiting that "squirreliness" as Im put it.

He's also training at AKA so shit that was obvious a few fights ago has, no doubt, been worked on. Not sure he's as afraid of taking a punch as Brock was anymore...

I'm mainly sitting this fight out. I think the line's about right. If Healy wins, it's probably late or by decision so I put a flier on Healy in R3 at +2725.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
I've been looking to fade Khabib for ages with his piss poor chin up, eyes closed defensive striking tendencies. However, I don't see Healy as having any hope of exploiting that "squirreliness" as Im put it.

He's also training at AKA so shit that was obvious a few fights ago has, no doubt, been worked on. Not sure he's as afraid of taking a punch as Brock was anymore...

I'm mainly sitting this fight out. I think the line's about right. If Healy wins, it's probably late or by decision so I put a flier on Healy in R3 at +2725.
Yeah his technique was crappy a while ago but according to his coaches the kid has an animal work ethic. As far as him taking a punch, I would be surprised if he couldn't take a hard one. His work ethic in the cage looks incredible. I am just guessing but he seems like the type of person that never quits.