Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

lol his last line sounds exactly like Gaberz yesterday!...

I think he's terrible for that," Jones said. "It's ridiculous. I think Fallon Fox, that's a strong person. Despite what the person has been through in their life, that's a strong person. I'm a fan of that person because of what they've gone through and what they're willing to go through.

"People like Matt Mitrione are scumbags. He's a scumbag. I don't care if he's off suspension or doesn't fight again. He's a ridiculous person." -

Dude has lost his mind!

EXCLUSIVE (Part 1) | Nate Diaz dishes on Thomson: “He was trying not to get his a$$ whooped.” | BJPENN.COM Radio

Share1 10.6K 666

2 Share0

When Nate Diaz joined BJPENN.COM Radio for a special one hour broadcast on Thursday afternoon, April 25, 2013, he had a few things on his mind, to put it mildly. Coming off of a TKO loss to Josh Thomson at UFC on FOX 7, Diaz felt that he had held his tongue for too long and needed to get a few things off his chest.
He started with Thomson, whose fight with Diaz earned him Knockout of the Night honors after he landed a vicious head kick on Diaz and followed up with a barrage of punches to finish the fight with ground-and-pound. Diaz, however, didn’t see the finish to the fight the same as others and said that the stoppage looked worse on TV than it actually was.
“He didn’t come in there and he didn’t put no ass whooping down on me, you know what I’m saying? He didn’t come in there and make anything happen. I have never fought somebody before- I have never fought somebody who has ever wanted out of a fight so bad, you know what I’m saying? I was surprised because I went in there- I expected a fight, I expected him to come in and grab me and try to hold onto me or throw some kicks and move, throw some punches and move, but that mother****er was straight running and I had to chase his ass down. I was chasing him that whole fight, you know what I’m saying? I was the aggressor- and I felt I was reckless, you know, I went in there- and how can you not be against a guy who’s running scared shitless for his life, you know what I’m saying?
“I went in there, I’m chasing him around, I’m over-aggressing trying to get a hold of him, and that’s due to why I got hit with some shit you know what I’m saying, because I’m over-aggressing. I’m trying to meet the criteria to win these rounds; the way these rounds and these fights go, I just saw my brother lose to Carlos Condit chasing him around the whole fight, you know what I’m saying? I didn’t think for a second that he lost that fight, how are you going to lose a fight when the other guy’s backing up?”
Despite being the aggressor throughout, Diaz was caught with flush shots at the end of the fight, forcing the referee to stop the action in the second round. The corner of Diaz, more specifically his brother Nick, also threw in the towel to signal that they believed the fight was over.
“My corner threw in the towel. The thing with that is, I don’t blame anybody for stopping that fight; the ref was doing his job, he thought it looked like it was time to be over and my corner did as well. But at the same time, none of them were in there fighting. [Thomson] won, [he] did a good job getting the fight stopped, you know what I’m saying; he accomplished his mission, he got in there and got the fight stopped. But I’m going to tell you right now- from being in there, I’ll tell you right now- he won the fight, but he didn’t beat me, you know what I’m saying?
“I’ll tell you right now that I was all the way in that fight, but the ref- they thought it was time to stop the fight, you know? And whatever, he did a good job he’s there to protect the fighters, and my corner too; I’m not mad at them at all for throwing the towel because the difference between our team and most people is that I got some real mother****ers in my corner, my real people who actually care about me.”
Diaz also mentioned that he had heard Thomson’s corner yelling to their fighter during the action to smile at him, an action that Nate mentioned he’d seen Thomson do in previous fights where he seemed to be joking around a lot more. This time around, that wasn’t the case.
“And I hear his corner, they’re yelling, ‘smile at him Josh, like you do. Smile at him!’ And I’m looking at him in his face like, ‘yeah, smile mother****er’, and there was not a single smile that came out of his mouth; he had a look of panic the whole fight, and you have to be in there to fight these guys to know that, this is how it went. I’ve seen him in other fights- he smiles at the guy, bouncing around- he didn’t have no time for that; it was frantic, he was trying not to get his ass whooped.”
Whether or not the two men will face off once more in the Octagon remains to be seen, though Diaz is quick to conclude that if Thomson has his way, their paths would not cross again.
“I would like a rematch too, because he knows he’s scared shitless. He’ll never talk about a rematch, the UFC won’t either, but I know and he knows he doesn’t ever want a rematch; you can go ask him that one. So it’s not like some fantastic thing he did, I think it was more my bad,” Diaz said.