Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Some gems in there. I'm a big Modest Mouse fan so I'll check out Mimicking Birds.

I dig Joy Division although they're slightly too melancholy/morbid for my tastes; I prefer a bit more upbeat British indie pop/rock bands like The Smiths. Any good recs?

If you guys like Indie music check out Dan Mangan. Maybe Sacre knows him from being out west. Really good artist.

For an edgier indie rock sound from Montreal, check out The Dears.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Some gems in there. I'm a big Modest Mouse fan so I'll check out Mimicking Birds.

I dig Joy Division although they're slightly too melancholy/morbid for my tastes; I prefer a bit more upbeat British indie pop/rock bands like The Smiths. Any good recs?

If you guys like Indie music check out Dan Mangan. Maybe Sacre knows him from being out west. Really good artist.

For an edgier indie rock sound from Montreal, check out The Dears.

This is definitely the worst post you've ever made. It has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
This is definitely the worst post you've ever made. It has to be.
LOL. I figured someone would say that. I mean the pace is upbeat. Joy Division is slower & more melancholy. When The Smiths sing about their Girlfriend In A Coma, you're smiling & clapping along.

Also, I've made faaaaaar worse posts than that. In fact, that would've been Wanna Bet 2K12’s best.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
LOL. I figured someone would say that. I mean the pace is upbeat. Joy Division is slower & more melancholy. When The Smiths sing about their Girlfriend In A Coma, you're smiling & clapping along.

Also, I've made faaaaaar worse posts than that. In fact, that would've been Wanna Bet 2K12’s best.
Joy Division songs Digital, Disorder, and Transmission are all upbeat. If your interested in upbeat indie pop/rock then I would suggest Class Actress - Let Me Take You Out. Echo & The Bunnymen - Bring On The Dancing Horses & The Cutter. The Kills - What New York Used To Be. The Postal Service - Such Great Heights. Twilight Singers - Teenage Wristband & Powder Burns. Wild Palms - To The Lighthouse. Pete Yorn - Life On A Chain. Without knowing you it's difficult to know what to suggest. Hopefully you like at least one of the suggestions. I've been listening to My Bloody Valentine - Lose My Breath & Les Savy Fav - Pots & Pans since they were posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
Joy Division songs Digital, Disorder, and Transmission are all upbeat. If your interested in upbeat indie pop/rock then I would suggest Class Actress - Let Me Take You Out. Echo & The Bunnymen - Bring On The Dancing Horses & The Cutter. The Kills - What New York Used To Be. The Postal Service - Such Great Heights. Twilight Singers - Teenage Wristband & Powder Burns. Wild Palms - To The Lighthouse. Pete Yorn - Life On A Chain. Without knowing you it's difficult to know what to suggest. Hopefully you like at least one of the suggestions. I've been listening to My Bloody Valentine - Lose My Breath & Les Savy Fav - Pots & Pans since they were posted.
Thanks Ron Paul. Checked out Class Actress. Good song... reminds me of Chairlift.

Will check out the others later.

Vaughany, can we get that awesomely drunken Mick to KO the Jesus freak? I'm so tired of seeing that self-righteous douchebag pretend like he's earned wins over Frankie & Gil while getting outgrappled, outstruck and outcontrolled in the cage. Watching MacGregor uppercutting his mane in slow motion as he falls to the canvas would be on loop in the Wanna Bet residence for days.

If he needs to add the 10 lbs just fill him up with a few pitchers of Guinness.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
Yep, I was big on Thomson by dec, too. Would've never predicted that KO, wouldn't have taken it at +2000.
ha same. truly tragic, fuuck knows where/when Thomson suddenly developed head kick skillzzzz...maybe whilst he was shooting tht movie in China!

Have to laugh at Nate tho, doing the usual Diaz bullshit of sayin "fight me bitch" and moaning cos he wasnt engaging....then bang...minutes later you are on the floor getting pummeled and your homies are throwing in the towel! Gotta feel a bit silly after tht

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
ha same. truly tragic, fuuck knows where/when Thomson suddenly developed head kick skillzzzz...maybe whilst he was shooting tht movie in China!

Have to laugh at Nate tho, doing the usual Diaz bullshit of sayin "fight me bitch" and moaning cos he wasnt engaging....then bang...minutes later you are on the floor getting pummeled and your homies are throwing in the towel! Gotta feel a bit silly after tht
they threw in the towel?!?