Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
Thanks. Its written wrong on ufc.com. Even though its written friday 14 dec, on the countdown, the clock is showing 1 day and 12 hours left, when it should be 0 days and 12 hours. Focking amateurs.
lol they did the same thing last time there was an aussie event on a friday, and i think there was a strikeforce scheduled on the saturday, but both events were listed for the same day. confused the fock out of me. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
PLays so far for tonight are Pearson at +110 (in a parlay with Dos Anjos), Pearson @ Evens (both small), Manny Rodriguez at +160 (small), Pierce/Baszynski to Go the Distance at +105 (small), & Mike WIlkinson at -190 (moderate).
Would be interested in some further info on your Wilkinson pick. Is there anything you can share on that fight?

Quote Originally Posted by moretti View Post
Would be interested in some further info on your Wilkinson pick. Is there anything you can share on that fight?
I just think that Wilkinson would of been in the finale against Parke if not for the eye issue. Wilkinson has fought and beaten some half-decent competition in his career, guys like Brian Moore and Artem Lobov come out of arguably the best camp in Europe in SGB, Ireland and are both well respected. Brendan's best win pre-TUF is against Jordan Miller who has 5 wins and 10 losses. His most recent win was against a bantamweight Danny Welsh who has a record of 5 wins 26 losses. In the house I think he was fortunate that he got to face probably the only other guy in house who was younger and less experienced in Iodice. I may be totally wrong but I just think Wilkinson is the more refined grappler and this combined with his experience against tougher competition will lead to him having the edge in the grappling and being able to take advantage of any mistakes Loughnane makes. Both of these guys will move to FW after this fight, but I do think Loughnane has a slight size and power advantage which is a concern. Both guys like to take their opponents down and work a Ground and Pound style, however Wilkinson will take more chances with submission attempts and if he does end up on the bottom he wont just lie there getting pounded on, he will look for sweeps and heel-hooks/leg-locks in order to create a scramble if necessary (see the Lobov fight where he pulled off an excellent sweep towards end of round 1). Wilkinson is also a guy who gets stronger as the fight progresses, while although Loughnane is also very tough, durable and a grinder - he also tend to exert some energy throwing wild over-hand rights and isnt a patient fighter which may cost him in this one against a cool-head like WIlkinson
Last edited by Vaughany; 12-14-12 at 09:52 AM.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

moretti gave Vaughany 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
Also, Brendan has been training with Brad Pickett during the off time, says he's been taking his training more seriously than ever before.

I hope you can get odds for o/u, I have a lot of fights going over
yeah that's the risk with TUF Finales...some guys show big improvements and are better in areas where you didnt expect them to be