Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Dunno bud, need to watch the Benavidez fight again, but Benoist should of been a draw IMO (so would of got stakes back). Risk you take with this sport tho I guess...I seriously underestimated Mighty Mouses' hog size
I think he enlarged it between both Creepy fights. That hog was tiny before... Maybe we went too cerebral

Dunno bud, need to watch the Benavidez fight again, but Benoist should of been a draw IMO (so would of got stakes back). Risk you take with this sport tho I guess...I seriously underestimated Mighty Mouses' hog size
I heard Mighty Mouse was on Hog Replacement Therapy (HRT) it was only a rumor, but I think it can be confirmed now.

I thought that choke in the 4th was TIGHT! Not tight enough I guess. Whole party was hootin. Mm was squirming bad!

Sh!ty. I honestly though Benavidez was going to land more "significant strikes". Nope.

I think he pushed a good pace though... Just didn't land enough. Tough fight to judge. That's for sure.

Good thing is another event is soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
I thought that choke in the 4th was TIGHT! Not tight enough I guess. Whole party was hootin. Mm was squirming bad!

Sh!ty. I honestly though Benavidez was going to land more "significant strikes". Nope.

I think he pushed a good pace though... Just didn't land enough. Tough fight to judge. That's for sure.

Good thing is another event is soon!!
BIGDAY, MM's legs were kicking like one of those little wind up toys. After watching it, it looked like he was on the verge of tapping...his eyes got real wide. I don't think Joey B had enough in the tank for the 5th. Like you said, tough fight though.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
BIGDAY, MM's legs were kicking like one of those little wind up toys. After watching it, it looked like he was on the verge of tapping...his eyes got real wide. I don't think Joey B had enough in the tank for the 5th. Like you said, tough fight though.
He blew his load on the choke attempt -- had nothing left in the tank after that. Couldn't fight off the takedowns after.

If he could of locked his hands it was over. It was tight with the one arm. He just need to hook the fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
What are you thinking about Tom watson and Jimi?

Im looking through Watsons fights again but i just cant seem to be impressed and do you think Jimi defend Kingsburys td?

Appreciate your opinions as always.
Never been tht impressed with Watson. Obviously his main weakness is wrestling but not sure if Brad Tavares is going to be able to exploit it or even attempt to. Both guys are very durable, Watson is good at circling and landing but very hittable. I mean he struggled against Alex Reid of all people who is a clown character over here and everybody expected Kong to walk through him but ended up going 5 rounds. I'd consider Watson by decision if it was available or fight goes distance if it was at + number.

Kingsbu is another one who has questionable defence so Jimi should be able to hurt him. We haven't seen how good Jimi's takedown defence is or how he is off his back so really don't know if he can stop Kingsbu from getting him down. I'd guess yes due to him being quite athletic and Kingsbu not exactly being a high-level wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
I was yelling, "He;s fukkin TAPPING with his FEET"!!!

Still pissed..

Boys... I've updated my avatar... ER UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by el nino View Post
bigday, mm's legs were kicking like one of those little wind up toys. After watching it, it looked like he was on the verge of tapping...his eyes got real wide. I don't think joey b had enough in the tank for the 5th. Like you said, tough fight though.
Quote Originally Posted by bigday View Post
i was yelling, "he;s fukkin tapping with his feet"!!!
lmao

Never been tht impressed with Watson. Obviously his main weakness is wrestling but not sure if Brad Tavares is going to be able to exploit it or even attempt to. Both guys are very durable, Watson is good at circling and landing but very hittable. I mean he struggled against Alex Reid of all people who is a clown character over here and everybody expected Kong to walk through him but ended up going 5 rounds. I'd consider Watson by decision if it was available or fight goes distance if it was at + number.

Kingsbu is another one who has questionable defence so Jimi should be able to hurt him. We haven't seen how good Jimi's takedown defence is or how he is off his back so really don't know if he can stop Kingsbu from getting him down. I'd guess yes due to him being quite athletic and Kingsbu not exactly being a high-level wrestler.
I felt bad for Kingsbu against Glover. Glover just teed off on him. I don't remember the Kingsbu vs. Maldonado fight. You have to assume Kingsbu is fighting for his job here after losing two straight fights. I would think he is going to try and use clinch work and wrestling, maybe fitch a decision here. I really don't know much about Jimi. Kingsbu has displayed poor cardio in the past though. Will be interesting to see the line on that fight.