Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Columbus are in great form and Federico Higuain is proving to be the best marquee player in the league at moment. New England meanwhile are in poor form and haven't won at home in 10 games. Columbus have a great away record at Gillette stadium as well (unbeaten in last 5 I believe). Add the fact that Rev's top scorer Sene is out for rest of season and the next best striker Bengtson along with Nyassi are also out..I'd be shocked if Columbus dont get at least a draw tonight. Talk of Columbus being fatigued from the heavy schedule but New England haven't exactly had it easy with 4 games in last two weeks. New England do have a young but albeit inexperienced squad so may deal with fatigue better but still dont see it being a big enough difference. Columbus also have players like Williams and James who are coming back from suspension so will be rested.

Crew putting out full-strength team...not resting any of their key players... Starting XI: Gruenebaum, Vukovic, O'Rourke, Marshall, Miranda, Duka, Birchall, Mirosevic, Gaven, Higuain, Arrieta.

Feilhaber and Tierney on bench for New England as well which helps.
Last edited by Vaughany; 09-05-12 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Playing New England PK live-in-play...Columbus are playing horrible and look totally disinterested while New England are playing with a lot more enthusiasm and energy...if anything I think they'll score again on the counter
And as I thought Columbus just get worst and go and Chad Marshall score's a comedy own-goal lobbing his own keeper!

vaughany i wonder do you have an opinion on jose aldo -225 vs. frank edgar +185 in a month. do you think the line will move? was thinking of making a play on aldo because, well because i think he kicks ass. but that is ignorant. if you are an edgar fan and really want him to win and can't judge clearly than no need to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
vaughany i wonder do you have an opinion on jose aldo -225 vs. frank edgar +185 in a month. do you think the line will move? was thinking of making a play on aldo because, well because i think he kicks ass. but that is ignorant. if you are an edgar fan and really want him to win and can't judge clearly than no need to answer.
I'm not Vaughany, but as far as I know most people lean Aldo on this one - I've no idea how anyone couldn't see value in Aldo with those odds. I would line shop a bit though, he's currently -200 on PaddyPower which in my experience usually has slightly worse lines than many books.

I also like a Jones/Benavidez/Aldo parlay - £100 returns £221 on Paddy. If both Benavidez and Aldo win, especially if it's in a dominating fashion, I don't think we'll ever see lines this low for them again.