Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Pretty much confirms in this that he plans to stand and bang and has no plans on going to the ground with Melvin and that he wants FOTN bonus cos he likes the dollar (dont see why SOTN wouldnt be good enough - same money!). Makes me re-consider playing Cerrone tho at current odds

Pretty much confirms in this that he plans to stand and bang and has no plans on going to the ground with Melvin and that he wants FOTN bonus cos he likes the dollar (dont see why SOTN wouldnt be good enough - same money!). Makes me re-consider playing Cerrone tho at current odds
hope he's just fockin with marlon's head

I want to let all my fans know. I fought mu last fight injured. i wasnt 100% sure but i when to the doctors... I have a fracture sternum with a torn cartilage, i got this injure in training for my fight with Tim Boetsch. I have to be out of training for 6weeks i should never have fought like that, but i didnt want to let my fans and the UFC down, love you all. - Hector Lombard
That explains it.

Yeah, I think the current price is fair for a smart Cowboy fighting a dumb Melvin (the only type there is). If he's going in slugging, I don't like his chances. Especially after Melvin fought a smart fight against Camoes.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
Yeah, I think the current price is fair for a smart Cowboy fighting a dumb Melvin (the only type there is). If he's going in slugging, I don't like his chances. Especially after Melvin fought a smart fight against Camoes.
If Melvin tries to fight "smart' he has no chance. Cowboy has a better skillset and will inevitably pick him apart and win a decision. His best chance is too just try and knock Cerrone's head off.

“Wow you and Melvin??? I was like ‘he took the fight??? after all those ass whoopin’s I seen with my own eyes in training!!!?” Sanchez Tweeted.

Greg Jackson wouldn’t elaborate on Sanchez’s revealing Tweet, but did want to clarify his thoughts on the “Fredo-like” act of discussing family business with people outside the family.

“Donald is a phenomenal fighter and an amazing athlete but I’m not going to go and say who does what in sparring,” says Jackson. “Because if I do that it sets this precedent where now everybody’s worried about sparring and ‘what’s Wink going to say,’ ‘what’s Greg going to say.’ So for me, sparring is a sacred thing you really shouldn’t have to think about. Like, ‘uh oh I had a really bad day.’ I know how it is myself. I did two rounds today and I’m thinking ‘Good Lord when did it start getting so hard?’ But maybe next Tuesday I’ll have a better day. That’s why I never talk about who does what in sparring.”

Cowboy however, makes it pretty clear that his experience in the gym with Melvin inspires confidence.

“Training with the guy -- if you push him -- even in his fights, when he’s down and he starts doubting himself he breaks pretty easy, he folds up a little bit. But I hope a confident Melvin shows up. I want the best Melvin they got. If he thinks he can beat me, that’s great, I’m here and I want to see it. Just tell Melvin ‘I’m coming to whip your ass.’”