Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
Baker has looked terrible in his wins, Amassou has looked great in his. Taking BIG KARL.............
My bad, this is where I messed up. Lol

Was just trying to say that I don't think this is a fight to go BIG on but I miss read your post.

Just saying that I believe baker is the rightful fav not that I see a crapton of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
GL...could well see another Baker/Vitor Vianna situation
wow, great minds think alike. This is what I wrote when I place this bet yesterday.

Amoussou $500 to win $700 @ +140
notes: I think Karl Amoussou is the quicker and younger version of Vitor Vianna, and he hit harder too.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post
wow, great minds think alike. This is what I wrote when I place this bet yesterday.

Amoussou $500 to win $700 @ +140
notes: I think Karl Amoussou is the quicker and younger version of Vitor Vianna, and he hit harder too.
Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
At the point baker has improved since that fight. He alsoswitched to Jackson's aka gameplan gameplan gameplan. Winning fights aka tourney finals will get you paid more.
ha yeah, although the there is certainly a reasonable chance that a Vitor Vianna situation repeats itself, the very fact that that happened makes me more confident in playing Baker as he will be well aware what will happen if you ignore defence and have no respect for opponents striking

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
At the point baker has improved since that fight. He alsoswitched to Jackson's aka gameplan gameplan gameplan. Winning fights aka tourney finals will get you paid more.
Most of the gameplan I have see from Jackson camp is evading damage and scoring point, don't really look for ko or kill. It works good for Carlos Condit and Clay Guida since they have quicker movement than their opponent. That gameplan will get backfire went facing a explosive striker like Lyoto Machida, Eric Silva, and Karl Amoussou, I think. Chris Lozano have some kind of gameplan too, very tentative and evasive compare to his other fight and Amoussou explosive kick catch him. Lozano is hurt and he have no choice but initiate the TD. I hope Bryan Baker take the gameplan to heart and lose his killer instinct.

explosiveness/quickness: Karl Amoussou >> Bryan Baker.
I can see Amoussou win 1st round and lose 3rd round, that is the type of fighter Amoussou is. If Amoussou can't catch Baker in the 1st round, than likely 2rd round is the whole fight! Whoever win the 2rd round likely win the fight.
Last edited by GigaOuts; 07-20-12 at 03:27 PM.